U.S. Soccer and Nike unveiled the new home jersey for both the men and women National Teams. The new jersey will make their debut in their next domestic matches in May.
The U.S. Men will wear their new kit May 26 when they face scotland at EverBank Field Jacksonville, Fla. The Women will debut the new look May 27 against China at PPL Park in Chester, Pa.
Nike says the new kits fabric is approximately 23 percent lighter and 20 percent stronger than previous models. Each kit is made using an average 13 recycled plastic bottles, the shorts are made with 100 percent Dri-FIT recycled polyester and the shirt 96 percent recycled polyester.
Photo Credit: US Soccer & Nike
From us soccer.com:
U.S. MNT and WNT Authentic Nike Home Jersey Features
- Body featuring red and white stripes with a blue crew neck collar
- Inside neck of the shirt includes the American Stars and Stripes flag
- Jersey has tonal sash on the front
- Blue shorts, and the socks are white with a blue band at the top
Comfort and Fit
- Fabric is about 23 percent lighter than previous years’ kits
- Embedded with Dri-FIT technology
- Laser-cut ventilation on the shirt
- Double-knit structure and yarns to make kit 20 percent stronger than past designs
- Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong shorts feature padded waist and thigh protection
- Nike Pro Combat Hypercool 2.0 top delivers ventilation and sweat-wicking fabric
- Shorts made with 100 percent recycled polyester
- Shirts made with at least 96 percent recycled polyester
- Kit made using an average of 13 recycled plastic bottles
Jersey Availability Timeline
- April 17: Pre-sale for U.S. Men’s jersey starts online at 12:01 a.m. ET
- April 26: Orders will start being shipped
- May 1: New jersey will be available for purchase in stores
- July 1: U.S. Women’s jersey will be available
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?