Found April 01, 2013 on Fox Soccer:
Football-tottenham-hotspur
Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp was in no mood to make excuses for his side's defensive display in the opening 45 minutes of their defeat at Fulham. The Loftus Road club remain in deep Premier League relegation trouble after losing 3-2 at Craven Cottage, where they gave their hosts a three-goal head start. Dire defending from Christopher Samba allowed Dimitar Berbatov to score from the penalty spot before adding a second prior to a Clint Hill own goal. And although QPR staged a comeback through Adel Taarabt and Loic Remy, who had earlier missed a penalty, while Fulham had Steve Sidwell sent off, Redknapp was less than happy. "A disastrous first half cost us, they were the worst goals I've seen in my life," he told Sky Sports. "They were scandalous goals. It was an absolute disaster. "We came out in the second half and murdered them. We missed another penalty which has cost us again. "We had enough possession in the second half, when it went 3-2, I thought we would win the game. "We had twice as many shots as them. I was disappointed with the last 10 minutes. We suddenly started lumping balls up, we opened them up by passing the ball." But despite the defeat and QPR's perilous position in the relegation zone, Redknapp is not giving up. QPR defender Christopher Samba also apologised for his costly mistakes in a Twitter message directed to QPR's fans. He wrote: "I'm really sorry I let the side down, really upset with my 1st half performance I can't say sorry enough to all the supporters, won't give up." Samba also noted the reaction to QPR's display and some criticism of his personal display, as well as some Twitter messages supporting him. "Before I go tonight I just wanna say I see a lot of you talk about I shouldn't say sorry, well when I'm wrong I'm wrong I hold my hands up," Samba wrote. "Then 2nd of all to all you keep talking about 100k performance, tell me what is a 100k performance? we as players go out and give our all." When Samba joined QPR, it was reported he was earning ?100,000 per week, although the club later claimed the actual figure was much lower. He added: "We do are best every week, what I get payed has nothing to do with any of you, as for my price tag I didn't put a price on my head, grow up pls."
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Fulham holds off tough QPR in win

QPR's chances of beating the drop look bleaker than ever after defensive mistakes cost them dear in the 3-2 defeat at Fulham . Harry Redknapp has just seven matches left to pull off the greatest of escapes after Easter Monday's utterly avoidable 3-2 defeat by the Thames. Last season QPR suffered an embarrassing 6-0 defeat at Craven Cottage and it looked like there could...

Jol hoping QPR can survive

Andrew Barrowman has signed a short-term contract at Dundee following his release by financially-crippled Dunfermline. The 28-year-old striker was among those made redundant by the Pars as they try desperately to cut costs. He had feared finding himself in the football wilderness until the summer. Barrowman said: "I'm looking at three months without a wage. I can'...
Soccer News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.