Found September 26, 2012 on
Jonathan Walters insists he holds no grudge against Chelsea defender David Luiz despite his controversial challenge at Stamford Bridge.
Walters has a four-inch scar above his right ankle where he was caught by the Blues player late on in the Potters' 1-0 defeat on Saturday.
The Republic of Ireland international was livid with the Brazilian at the time and had to be restrained by Chelsea skipper John Terry.
But Walters has calmed down in the knowledge that the injury was not as serious as it might have been and he is fit for the home game against Swansea this coming Saturday.
"I was angry, but I have been angrier," he told the Stoke Sentinel.
"I think I've reined it in a bit over the years. I think he tried to apologise afterwards, but didn't get the chance.
"There isn't a grudge as far as I'm concerned. These things happen in football and you just have to get on with it. The main thing is I am fit for Saturday."
But Stoke boss Tony Pulis has questioned the rules that mean Luiz will not be punished retrospectively because he was booked for the foul.
In contrast, Andy Wilkinson faces a three-match ban because cameras caught him raising an arm to Mario Balotelli against Manchester City last week.
Walters has sympathy with that view, adding: "It's not nice seeing anybody sent off. As far as I'm concerned, it's the ref's decision. So if he doesn't get sent off, he doesn't get sent off.
"But I do think we have got to have more consistency. With Andy, probably nothing much happened, but it gets reported and then he gets pulled up after."
Ashley Cole's late goal saw Stoke beaten for the first time in the Premier League this season but they are still waiting for that first win and Walters hopes it will come soon.
"I thought that as a team we played well. It's obviously disappointing to keep it 0-0 for so long and lose, and with the chances we had we could have nicked it," he said.
"Once we got a pass off, we seem to have three or four of us going forward and the boys are really encouraged by the way we are playing.
"Hopefully we can get that first win against Swansea on Saturday."
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
John Terry came face to face with Anton Ferdinand on Monday at his disciplinary hearing over allegations he racially abused the QPR man.
Ferdinand gave his testimony to the independent panel at the hearing at Wembley Stadium, with Chelsea skipper Terry in attendance to hear the evidence against him.
After the hearing was under way, England manager Roy Hodgson released a statement...
Sir Alex Ferguson thinks John Terry might consider himself to have got off lightly after being hit with a four-match ban by the FA on Thursday .
Terry will decide his next move once he receives the written findings from the four-day independent regulatory commission hearing, after being found guilty of using racist language at Loftus Road in October.
But Ferguson, who saw Patrice...
John Terry will return for a fourth day of his disciplinary hearing on Thursday into a charge the player used racist language on the pitch.
Luis Suarez's racism hearing last year took four days to complete and Terry's appearance before an FA independent regulatory panel will last at least that long.
Chelsea skipper Terry spent eight hours on Wednesday at the hearing at...
Former Chelsea manager Avram Grant has insisted John Terry is not a racist. Terry, 31, is facing an FA charge...
Stoke City goalkeeper Asmir Begovic has backed his team-mate Ryan Shawcross to replace John Terry in the England national team....
Chelsea assistant manager Eddie Newton has insisted John Terry was happy to feature in the club’s 6-0 League Cup win...
England manager Roy Hodgson tried unsuccessfully to persuade John Terry to change his decision to retire from international football, it has emerged.
Terry, who is attending a disciplinary hearing over a charge he used racist language towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand , had phoned Hodgson to inform him of his decision.
Press Association Sport understands Hodgson tried to persuade...
Chelsea captain John Terry has been banned for four games after being found guilty of racially abusing QPR defender Anton...
Arsene Wenger maintains Arsenal must focus on their own performance against Chelsea on Saturday - and not whether John Terry is in the side.
The verdict from Terry's disciplinary hearing into a charge the Blues skipper used racist language on the pitch could come as soon as Thursday.
Should the Football Association independent regulatory commission find the former England captain...
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas insisted John Terry will be a ‘massive loss’ to the England team after his international retirement....
Marcel Desailly believes beyond any doubt that his ex-Chelsea team-mate John Terry is not a racist.
Ghana-born World Cup winner Marcel Desailly believes beyond any doubt that his ex-Chelsea team-mate John Terry is not a racist.
Terry has retired from international duties as the FA investigates him after allegedly racially abusing Queen’s Park Rangers(QPR) Anton Ferdinand.
Roberto Di Matteo says he wanted Victor Moses "years ago" as the 21-year-old prepares for his full Chelsea debut on Tuesday.
After adding Oscar and Eden Hazard to his ranks, many were surprised Di Matteo pushed ahead with a ?9million deal to sign Moses from Wigan this summer.
The Nigeria international has impressed during his brief time at Stamford Bridge with two excellent...
Joey Barton says the FA should be ‘ashamed of themselves’ for only giving Chelsea captain John Terry a four-game ban...
Each day we'll bring you the very latest tabloid rumors as the biggest clubs around splash the cash to bolster their rosters. True or not, they're always entertaining...
John Terry faces a mega £800,000 bill over the Anton Ferdinand race row.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas will have no say if Blackburn come in for Tim Sherwood.
Arsene Wenger has joked that Jack...
Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho says John Terry is not a racist after the Chelsea defender was banned for abusing...