Posted December 03, 2012 on AP on Fox
France midfielder Yohan Cabaye says he did not sign a footballers' petition protesting against UEFA's choice of Israel as 2013 European Under-21 Championship host. The Newcastle player was among 62 players who were listed on a petition last Friday supporting Palestinian groups organized by former Tottenham and Sevilla striker Frederic Kanoute. Cabaye says on his website that he ''has never been a signatory'' to the campaign which responded to Israel's recent military offensive in Gaza. Didier Drogba and Eden Hazard were also named beneath a statement on Kanoute's website that Israel was being rewarded ''for actions that are contrary to sporting values.'' Cabaye says he was called by a teammate and just expressed his ''sadness and compassion'' for the families of young players who had been killed.
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
RELATED ARTICLES

Magpie Midfielder In Baptism Of Fire – But Coming Good

We’ve said a few times that with Yohan Cabaye being out of the Newcastle side until February, how we’ll do until then has a lot to do with the man who will replace him in the middle of the park – Vurnon Anita – and how he plays Vurnon Anita – coming good at Newcastle [...]
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.