Found January 08, 2013 on Fox Sports:
Valencia_open_500_6239
Juan Monaco of Argentina has pulled out of the Kooyong Classic exhibition tournament with a hand injury and has been replaced by Paul-Henri Mathieu of France. Tournament director Colin Stubbs said Monaco ''has been advised by the doctor not to play in the next few days with the hope that he can take his place in the Australian Open.'' Monaco is seeded 11th for the Australian Open, which begins next Monday. That's one better than his world ranking of 12 because of the absence No. 4 Rafael Nadal. Stubbs also said last year's Australian Open quarterfinalist Kei Nishikori was uncertain for the eight-man tournament due to the left knee injury that forced him to pull out of his Brisbane International semifinal against eventual champion Andy Murray.
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Monaco out of Kooyong Classic exhibition

Juan Monaco of Argentina has pulled out of the Kooyong Classic exhibition tournament with a hand injury and has been replaced by Paul-Henri Mathieu of France. Tournament director Colin Stubbs said Monaco ''has been advised by the doctor not to play in the next few days with the hope that he can take his place in the Australian Open.'' Monaco is seeded 11th for the...
Tennis News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.