International Tennis Federation president Francesco Ricci Bitti says critics of Viktor Troicki's doping suspension need to understand the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision better.
Troicki's ban for missing a doping test in April was reduced on appeal from 18 months to 12, and CAS said his ''fault was not significant.''
Troicki's fellow Serb...
Via AP on Fox
November 23, 2013
Serbian tennis player Viktor Troicki had his doping ban reduced to 12 months on Tuesday, though he still cannot play in next week's Davis Cup final.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling ''puts an end to my dreams of being a top player,'' the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement.
''I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from...
Via AP on Fox
November 05, 2013
(November 5, 2013) Viktor Troicki had his doping suspension reduced to 12 months from 18 on Tuesday as the result of an appeal. The Serbian player was found to have committed an offense by not taking a blood test after losing in the Monte Carlo Masters in April. He will be able to return to the tour on July 15, 2014. In a statement sent to media Troicki said this “puts an end...
Serbian tennis player Viktor Troicki will appear at sport's highest court next week to challenge his 18-month ban for skipping a doping test.
Troicki said Tuesday he is ''confident'' ahead of his appeal hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Oct. 9.
''I will attend in person, for sure. I am fighting for the truth, and I will do it as hard as...
Via AP on Fox
October 01, 2013
Serbian Viktor Troicki has been suspended for 18 months for refusing to submit to blood testing before the Monte Carlo Masters.
The International Tennis Federation said Thursday he broke an anti-doping rule in April by ''refusing or failing without compelling justification to submit to sample collection.''
Troicki was told to provide a urine and blood sample. The...
(July 25, 2013) Serbia’s Viktor Troicki has been suspended for 18 months by the International Tennis Federation for refusing to submit to blood testing before the Monte Carlo Masters. The ITF said in a statement released on Thursday the Troicki broke anti-doping rule in April –“Mr Troicki’s actions constituted a failure and a refusal to [...]
Viktor Troicki played a pretty forgettable match against Ernests Gulbis in the second round of the Italian Open on Wednesday, but he did have a pretty memorable meltdown. Troicki was down a set and serving to start out the second set down 30-40. Facing a break point, Troicki hit a crosscourt backhand that went deep and appeared to clip the line. The chair umpire called it out, giving...
In what ended up being a never-ending “Are we there yet?” type exchange with the chair umpire, Viktor Troicki delivered one of the better rants of 2013.
During a match against Ernests Gulbis in the Rome Open earlier this week, Troicki hit a backhand that appeared to nip some of the baseline. The shot was ruled “in” by the line judge, but then overturned by the chair...
Viktor Troicki had one of the longest tantrums we have seen in quite a while, especially at an international professional sporting event. Viktor even said he would quit at one point while arguing with the referee over a ball that he felt he was in bounds, but the ref called out. The crowd started to love it as the rant went on, and we did as well.
Article found on: Next Impulse Sports
MORE STORIES >>
Bulgarian tennis pro Grigor Dimitrov made what could be the most amazing tennis shot in recent memory with a behind-the-back drop shot against Serbian pro Viktor Troicki during an indoor tournament match in Basel, Switzerland.
Even Troicki couldn't help but admire Dimitrov's skills as he made that incredible shot. Needless to say, Dimitrov won the match in straight...