Found August 09, 2012 on
The Camel Clutch Blog:
It has been a long time since any sort of news surfaced about Adam Copeland, formerly known as Edge. Well, as many of my readers know, I am one of Copeland's biggest admirers, and my ear is always to the ground when it comes to news about that man.
BEST OF MAXIM
Shawn Michaels is expected to make more RAW appearances leading up to SummerSlam, where he will be in Triple H’s corner for the match against Brock Lesnar.
Lesnar promised Michaels on RAW last night that the two would be seeing each other before SummerSlam.
FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat" and on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNetAlso, follow me...
– According to Trendrr.tv, Raw’s social media score was up 54 percent in social media activity as compared to last week. Raw scored 401,202 on Monday, up from 259,203 last week, but down from a record 907,443 from Raw 1,000. Raw ranked #4 on cable TV Monday night, trailing Olympics coverage on NBC Universal and Love & Hip Hop Atlanta.
– According to ChicagoTribune.com,...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
It had been rumored that Brock Lesnar would attack Shawn Michaels on this past week’s “HBK Appreciation Night” edition of WWE RAW from San Antonio, Texas. The angle was scrapped due to the big post-RAW celebration for Michaels. The celebration also included appearances by The Undertaker and Vince McMahon. We posted a video of the segment...
- We noted before that WWE recently sent out a survey to poll fans on their interest in possible future DVD and Blu-ray releases. Thanks to Reggie for the following names that were mentioned in the survey:
- Best of WCW Great American Bash
- Best of WCW Nitro Volume 2
- Best of WCW War Games
- Raw 20th Anniversary Box Set
- ECW Unreleased Volume 2
- Money in the Bank Anthology
- WWE announced Friday via Twitter that Shawn Michaels will appear on Monday’s episode of Raw, the final episode before SummerSlam. Brock Lesnar issued a threatening warning to HBK on Monday’s show that he would see him before SummerSlam. Michaels will be in Triple H’s corner when he faces Lesnar at the pay-per-view event. Triple H is also advertised to appear at Raw, which...
- Shawn Michaels is expected to make more RAW appearances leading up to SummerSlam, where he will be in Triple H’s corner for the match against Brock Lesnar. Lesnar promised Michaels on RAW last night that the two would be seeing each other before SummerSlam.
- A lot of people within WWE are expecting the company to offer Brock Lesnar a second deal once his current one expires...
With Sumerslam coming up in a few weeks I figured why not show you guys my favorite match at the Summerslam PPV from the last 25 years. I think this is one of if not the best match in the history of Summerslam from 1995 Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon in a Ladder Match:
- Monday on Raw, Shawn Michaels revealed he will be in Triple H’s corner when “The Game” faces Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Lesnar then issued a warning to HBK, telling him that he’d see him before SummerSlam. Michaels, however, is not advertised to appear on Raw—the final Raw before SummerSlam—by either WWE or host venue American Airlines Center.
Michaels was asked on...
- Matt Striker says he would love to do SmackDown commentary but says there are more deserving talents such as JBL, Jim Ross and William Regal. Striker wrote on Twitter last night:“Id <3 2 do SD cmmtry but I recognize that there r more exp'd & deserving voices: @RealKingRegal, @JCLayfield, @Jrsbbq... but a boy can dream"- The final rating for Friday’s WWE SmackDown...
- The August 6 episode of garnered a 3.08 cable rating over the course of three hours, the same rating as last week. Raw also averaged a 3.23 rating from 9:00 through the 11:00 p.m. overrun, which is identical to last week.Unlike the last two weeks, the rating for the third hour of Raw declined from the second hour. The program garnered a 3.26 rating in the second hour before declining...
– WWE.com has published these photos from the SmackDown brand’s second night of action in Tokyo, Japan. John Laurinaitis, who competed on the show despite his removal from storylines, is not shown in any of the photos.
– CM Punk vs. Big Show will kick off RAW on Monday.
– As noted earlier, WWE announced Friday via Twitter that Shawn Michaels will appear on Monday’s episode...
Following this week’s episode of Smackdown, here is the latest card for WWE SummerSlam:
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
Shawn Michaels will be in Triple H’s corner
Triple Threat WWE Championship Match
CM Punk (c) vs. Big Show vs. John Cena
Kane vs. Daniel Bryan
Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship was cancelled by Smackdown...
- WWE has already ran their show in Tokyo, Japan today. We’re seeking live reports from any fans who may have attended. We do know that Rey Mysterio, Zack Ryder and Yoshi Tatsu teamed up to win a six-man match.
- While WWE wanted to do something with Charlie Sheen, Daniel Bryan and Kane for the SummerSlam pay-per-view, a source suspects that Sheen won’t be appearing after all...
Source: The Wrestling Observer
As noted earlier here on the website, Shawn Michaels is expected to appear on WWE TV heading into SummerSlam to help with the build to the Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H match.
Paul Heyman’s current deal with WWE is rumored to expire at SummerSlam, but the feeling is that he will continue to work with WWE alongside Brock Lesnar after the pay-per-view....
- For the past ten years, video content from WWE’s “Attitude Era” (1998–2002) has been edited due to a lawsuit with the World Wildlife Fund over the WWF initials. All WWF “scratch” logos and references to the initials had to be blurred or edited out. This directive has now changed, at least in part.
In regards to the former “scratch” logo appearing unaltered in video...