Found January 23, 2013 on
- WWE officials have broached the possibility of an Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler match at WrestleMania 29, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. However, it was noted that the match may not necessarily be for the World Heavyweight Championship currently held by Del Rio.
- Current plans call for this Sunday’s 30-Man Royal Rumble Match to feature 90-second entrance intervals. However, it will likely be altered based on the pay-per-view event’s remaining time.
- Alberto Del Rio appeared on Good Day Sacramento Tuesday promoting that evening’s SmackDown taping at the Sleep Train Arena. In the following video, he is set out to surprise some kids.
(source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)
BEST OF MAXIM
WWE officials have broached the possibility of an Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler match at WrestleMania 29, according to theWrestling Observer Newsletter.
However, it was noted that the match may not necessarily be for the World Heavyweight Championship currently held by Del Rio.
Welcome back to another edition of WWE Wrestler of the Week! This week’s winner is long overdue as he has become a top player in WWE recently.
WWE will tape this week's episode of WWE SmackDown place from the Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, California. Here are the full results.
Smackdown kicked off with a huge applause for JBL, who was introduced for commentary. Apparently Sacramento missed him since the last time he was in town.
The show opened with a highlight reel from Monday's Raw bringing everyone up...
Credit – Wrestling Observer
The current storyline where The Miz is being pushed as the “next Ric Flair” was originally earmarked for Dolph Ziggler. With Ziggler, the idea was going to be more of Flair being his manager but Ziggler was going to be given the Figure Four and doing the same gimmick Miz is doing as a babyface.
Regarding turning Ziggler babyface, it looks like those...
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
When Alberto Del Rio won the World Title on SmackDown, word was that this was done because the company needs a strong Hispanic hero to replace Rey Mysterio.
While that played a part in it, some feel that the babyface turn and title victory came as a reaction to Cain Velasquez winning the UFC Heavyweight Title. The Velasquez vs. Dos Santos...
- The extra on WWE's 2012 TLC DVD release will be Matt Striker conducting a backstage interview with Dolph Ziggler.
- As noted earlier, Tyson Kidd is doing his physical therapy at the D-1 training facility in Tampa, Florida. This is the same place that is co-owned by Tim Tebow and that Chris Jericho is involved with.
- Dolph Ziggler is on his way to Sydney, Australia for four...
- WWE will be releasing t-shirts for Darren Young and Titus O’Neil soon.
- It was noted yesterday that Jim Ross is battling the flu. WWE announcer Matt Striker is also under the weather.
- Ted DiBiase Jr. noted on Twitter that he’s been recovering from a hand injury.
- As noted, Dolph Ziggler is currently in Australia doing promotional work for WWE. On Tuesday, Ziggler met kids...
- Jim Ross is having a tough time battling the flu. He revealed on Twitter that he had to make a trip to the hospital for chest x-rays last night:“The flu is a bear. Trip to hospital last nite for chest x-ray. Back to Dr’s ofc this am for results & to eliminate pneumonia as possibility.”- It’s no secret within WWE that Alberto Del Rio’s World Heavyweight Title push...
– WWE has announced on their Facebook that they will be partnering with the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network to promote next week’s “No Name Calling Week.”
– With Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler’s YouTube shows ending and WWE making some changes to their YouTube content offerings, there has been talk of The Miz getting his own YouTube show.
– AWA on ESPN Classic...
- World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio spoke with Matt Striker in a WWE App exclusive video during last night’s RAW. Del Rio promised that a giant will fall at the Rumble, just like the Baltimore Ravens will fall to the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl. Del Rio is a big fan of the 49ers and tweeted about them after Sunday’s NFC Championship game.
- In another WWE App...
- Nigel McGuinness turns 37 years old today.- The dark main event after last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Sacramento saw Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show in a No DQ match. Del Rio put Show through the announce tables twice.- Mark Henry is currently in Istanbul doing promotional work for WWE.- Sin Cara was not backstage for this week’s WWE TV tapings. He noted on Twitter that...