Found November 06, 2012 on
Democrat Chris Murphy has defeated Linda McMahon, winning the race for Senator in the State of Connecticut. FOX Business News projects that Democrat Chris Murphy has defeated Linda McMahon in their Senate race in Connecticut. NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN have all confirmed she’s lost as well.
The loss marks the second straight loss for Linda McMahon, who has now spent over $80 million dollars on a pair of failed bids to become Senator. Some say she’s spent well over $100 million dollars. Linda alongside Vince, Stephanie and Triple H will concede and give a speech later tonight. Vince McMahon is obviously not going to be a happy camper tonight!
Before everyone starts in with the “PG era is over!” comments (and you know they will!), it should be noted that Linda McMahon’s senate campaign has very little to do with the current PG rating. It is well known that the main reason behind the “PG” rating has to do with sponsors and advertisers. Also, you can still put on a great product with a “PG” ...
BEST OF MAXIM
Credit – F4WOnline
We noted before that Vince McMahon was high on the team of Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow.
Vince is especially a fan of Sandow’s work and it’s said he is open to pushing Sandow even if it means breaking him away from Rhodes.
FOLLOW US on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNet and LIKE US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat".
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer & Devin Cutting
– Vince McMahon and Triple H left England immediately after Monday’s RAW taping concluded. They did so to be with Linda McMahon as she looks to win a US Senate seat in today’s election.
– WWE returns to the Stockton Arena in Stockton, California on January 19th, 2013 at 7:30 PM. Tickets go on sale November 23rd, 2012...
- The New York Times has a new article up looking at Linda McMahon's Senate campaign, noting that in the past three years she has spent close to $100 million of her own money on her campaigns, including the one that failed in 2010. The Times wrote:
"Ms. McMahon may or may not get to influence job creation as a senator. But she has already made an impact on the Connecticut...
Linda McMahon, former president and CEO of WWE, failed in her bid for a Senate seat in Connecticut, losing to Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy on Tuesday. This follows her 2010 loss to Richard Blumenthal in the race for the state's other seat in the Senate.
The total cost of losing two elections has ranged from $90 to $97 million, according to estimates. McMahon spent $50 million...
15 years ago this Friday on November 9, 1997 in the main event of the Survivor Series at the Molson Center in the Canadian province of Quebec, World Wrestling Federation owner Vince McMahon backstabbed defending champion Bret “The Hitman” Hart … Continue reading →
- A new episode of The Legends of Wrestling premieres this Thursday on WWE Classics On Demand with Jim Ross, Pat Patterson, Michael Hayes and ‘The Road Dogg’ Brian James joining host Gene Okerlund for a no-holds-barred discussion and a special look at “The History Of Monday Night Raw.”
- WWE will hold a live event in Stockton, California on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 7...
- WWE has launched an official Twitter account for 3MB's Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal at @WWE3MB.
- The 2nd edition of the WWE Encyclopedia is officially in stores today.
- Today is Election Day in the United States and we will know for sure if Linda McMahon won the US Senate race for Connecticut or not. The New York Times now predicts that McMahon has an 8...
- WWE’s shop website will be releasing some kind of cardboard mask for CM Punk soon.
- Kevin Sullivan, author of the WWE Encyclopedia, revealed on Twitter that there has only been 16 title changes in WWE this year. That’s the fewest since 1996 when there were just 11 title changes.
- Next week’s WWE RAW from Columbus, Ohio will feature suspended referee Brad Maddox vs. Ryback...