Found May 01, 2013 on
- Sin Cara has not been on the road with WWE for a few weeks now. He continues to check in from the “Sin Cara Gym” in Mexico.
- WWE’s 2012 Annual Report that was filed last week reveals that they have approximately 721 employees as of February of this year. This includes the WWE Superstars and Divas, who are classified as independent contractors.
- Several sources report that John Cena’s injury is just a deeply bruised heel, not an Achilles tear as WWE first reported last week. Word is that Cena will continue to work through the injury.
Big Swerve Coming for John Cena, Plans for The Shield at SummerSlam, More
Partial source: PWInsider
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Credit – PWInsider
Several sources report that John Cena’s injury is just a deeply bruised heel, not an Achilles tear as WWE first reported last week.
Word is that Cena will continue to work through the injury.
WWE sent out the following today…
WWE® SUPERSTAR JOHN CENA® CELEBRATES WORLD WISH DAY WITH MAKE-A-WISH CHILDREN LIVE ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW®
WWE Superstar John Cena celebrated World Wish Day on Monday, April 29 with three wish kids that attended Monday Night Raw live in Columbus, OH. Logan Parks of Stanton, Kentucky, Jacob Lawson of Hutchinson, Minnesota and Nicholas Santillo of...
The Rock made some news last week in an interview with Peter Rosenberg of Hot 97 in New York City when he said that it was a “possibility” that his match against John Cena at WrestleMania 29 was his very last WWE match.
- Former WWE Superstar Edge described John Cena as being "stubborn" for not letting an injury slow him down when a follower on Twitter made reference to Cena's injury.
@CCTChairShots tweeted, “@WWE: BREAKING: @JohnCena injured on European Tour. Details: wwe.me/kuXhh” Achilles put @EdgeRatedR on shelf for a year. #yikes"
Edge replied, "Actually 6 months...
WWE announced Monday night before the start of Raw that John Cena is still scheduled to team with Ryback against The Shield in a handicap match. Cena is reportedly battling an Achilles injury.
There’s still no word from within WWE on John Cena’s injury but a report from the European tour notes Cena was working with a bruised heel.
Cena’s Achilles injury was believed to happen back on April 21st in Geneva, Switzerland, where he defeated Ryback in a Tables Match.
Cena continued to work the European tour but was put in six-man matches with Kane and Daniel Bryan vs....
- WWE is now saying that John Cena’s bruised Achilles heel injury took place on April 23rd at the RAW live event in Nottingham, where he faced Ryback in a Tables Match.
- We noted a few weeks back that MMA veteran Mark Coleman got upset at the April 13th UFC event in Las Vegas because UFC producers chose to show CM Punk in the crowd and not Coleman. Coleman reportedly wanted to...
After Monday’s Raw went off the air, John Cena thanked the Make-A-Wish kids. Cena said that even with a bum ankle, he wasn’t going to take the night off because of them.
Fandango then came out afterwards and did his normal entrance. He asked the crowd “What’s my name?” a few times. The crowd responded, “Fan-Dan-Go,” and he told everyone to drive safe.
– WWE.com has posted a “Breaking News” alert heading into tonight’s RAW:
CENA TO FIGHT TONIGHT!
WWE.com has learned that despite his injury, WWE Champion John Cena will team with Ryback to take on The Shield in a Handicap Match on tonight’s Raw. Can the two rivals work together against the black-clad renegades? Tune in tonight at 8/7 on USA Network.
– Members of the Columbus...
- Here are recent viewership numbers for WWE Saturday Morning Slam and Main Event:
* Saturday Morning Slam on March 16th drew 1,085,000 viewers
* Main Event on March 20th drew 1,343,000 viewers
* Saturday Morning Slam on March 23rd drew 1,092,000 viewers
* Main Event on March 27th drew 1,231,000 viewers
* Saturday Morning Slam on March 30th drew 949,000 viewers
* Main Event on April...
- John Cena made an appearance on Today’s Kathie Lee & Hoda show to grant eight-year-old Nick Santillo, who was born with just half a heart, his wish of meeting Cena. Here is footage:- Edge was with Bret Hart at Sunday night’s Edmonton Oil Kings vs. Calgary Hitmen minor league hockey game. Edge commented on the game via Twitter:“What a night! Calgary Hitmen game with @BretHart...
WWE Monday Night RAW takes place tonight from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Here is what is expected for the show…
The previously announced main event is John Cena & Ryback vs. The Shield in a handicap match. That could be changed due to Cena’s reported injury.
Despite suffering an injury on the recent European tour, John Cena will appear live tonight. With the...
- Michael Cole shared a photo of himself and JBL hanging out with the Columbus crew of MLS on Twitter.
- Titus O'Neil posted a new Tout video announcing that the Prime Time Players will be training with the Ohio State University before Tonight's Raw.
- WWE Diva AJ Lee commented on tonight's Raw event, writing on Twitter, "Raw tonight starring Ziggy, E, and myself...
Source: The Wrestling Observer
With CM Punk out of action and John Cena being banged up with a foot injury, The Undertaker may make another WWE appearance sooner rather than later.
There is talk that Undertaker could work the Extreme Rules PPV to add more star power to the card. The original plans called for ‘Taker to work WrestleMania, RAW and the European tour due to CM Punk...