Found April 08, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- CM Punk banged up his knee in the spot where he leapt off the top rope with a flying elbow on the Undertaker, who was on a table on the outside of the ring. People backstage were amazed that Punk didn't slow down and finished the match as he was in a lot of pain.
- Time was cut from the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio match at last nights PPV event.
- At last night's PPV, WWE broke from tradition of having Lilian Garcia singing "America The Beautiful."
- As noted earlier, several mid card talents were not used at last night's WrestleMania pay-per-view event, and they seemed to be down because of that. Many in the company thought it was silly that Antonio Cesaro was not used at all, despite how hard he has worked for the company all year round.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The Monday Night RAW after WWE WrestleMania 29 will go down as arguably the most exciting ever. The show was highlighted by Dolph Ziggler finally cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase and winning his second WWE world heavyweight championship.
Several Highlights from This Week’s WWE SmackDown
Embedded in the videos below are highlights from this week’s WWE SmackDown broadcast.
Ryback vs. Primo & Epico – 2-on-1 Handicap Match
Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins make fun of their WrestleMania adversaries
Alberto Del Rio sends a message to Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger
Partial Source: Pwinsider
– The inter-gender tag match was cut before the PPV went on the air, as they decided to give the top three matches as much time as they wanted. Time was cut from the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio match and the company also cut Lilian Garcia singing “America the Beautiful”.
– There were no fireworks to open the show last night due to the light...
- Alberto Del Rio discussed why he doesn't drive a car to the ringside anymore during an interview with CBS-19 in Cleveland.
"That's because last time I was driving one of my cars, I ran over Santa, remember?," Del Rio said. "That's the reason I'm not planning on driving... at least in a year or two."
Footage from the interview can be seen in...
This week’s WWE Friday Night SmackDown opens with Ryback making his way out for a match. This will be a throw-away show, since everyone is at Axxess right now. I’m not going to recap those parts.
- As Big E Langston was heading to the ring at last night's RAW for his singles match, he accidentally knocked AJ Lee back several feet while trying to stretch. AJ commented on Twitter:
"If I wasn't forced to wear a padded bra, that E backhand would've hurt pretty bad. #WonderBrasSaveLives #MilesBeneathTheSurface"
- John Cena invited some of the Boston Red...
- As Big E Langston was heading to the ring at last night’s RAW for his singles match, he accidentally knocked AJ Lee back several feet while trying to stretch. AJ commented on Twitter:
“If I wasn’t forced to wear a padded bra, that E backhand would’ve hurt pretty bad. #WonderBrasSaveLives #MilesBeneathTheSurface”
- John Cena invited some of the Boston Red Sox to tonight’s...
- CM Punk banged up his knee in the spot where he jumped off the top rope with a flying elbow onto The Undertaker and the announcers table. People backstage were amazed that Punk didn’t slow down and finished the match because he was in a lot of pain.
- Time was cut from the Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio match at last nights pay-per-view.
- As noted earlier, several mid card...
- Dolph Ziggler defeated Alberto Del Rio on tonight’s RAW to become the new World Heavyweight Champion.
Ziggler cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase after Del Rio won a handicap match over Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. Del Rio sold a leg injury which led to the loss to Ziggler.
Here is a photo of Ziggler holding the World Heavyweight Championship title: