Found January 31, 2013 on
TWNP-Wrestling News & Information:
Bang Showbiz recently spoke with Hulk Hogan about his lawsuit against the Laser Spine Institute, saying they left his body in a contorted state. Hogan compared the ordeal to being “twisted like The Exorcist”, and said the proposed Wrestlemania 25 match between him and John Cena was cancelled because of the surgeries. Here is an excerpt from the interview.
“The people who worked on my back, Laser Spine, said I didn’t need a fusion. So they cut on my back one time and I felt pretty good after a couple of weeks. I called (WWE owner) Vince McMahon and said, ‘Man I’m good to go, let’s do this deal.’ So we started planning, then suddenly I was like, ‘Ah, ah, my back!’ That put the deal on hold. Then they cut on me six more times and they kept cutting more bone away, until I had to have a spinal cord stimulator put in my back. The stimulator has wires that go up your back and stops the pain. They put that in my back because my body was twisting like ‘The Exorcist’. I couldn’t pull my head a
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
WrestleMania 28 was the best-selling sports DVD of 2012. CM Punk’s DVD was the #4 most sold sports DVD of 2012. The Rock’s DVD was #5 for the year.
Coming in at #2 was the Super Bowl and #3 was Mighty Macs.
Partial Source – PWTorch
WWE Raw on Monday, January 28 scored a 3.7, (3.68 to be exact) rating the night after the Royal Rumble PPV, where The Rock captured the WWE Title and John Cena won the Rumble.
The rating was up 21 percent from last week’s Rumble lead-in episode. Other than Raw 1,000 in July 2012, this was the highest Raw rating since the night after WrestleMania 27 in...
Embedded below is an extended version of The Rock’s Super Bowl commercial.
EXCLUSIVE: The Rock VS John Cena….Part 2?
The post Extended Version of The Rock’s Super Bowl Commercial appeared first on TWNP - Wrestling News & Information.
CBS Morning Show Posts Rock’s Super Bowl Commercial
Next Week’s Main Event, Ryder Wins Dark Match, Super Bowl Sunday
The Rock and CM Punk will rematch and headline the 2013 Elimination Chamber PPV in a match that is bound to excite and disappoint fans throughout the WWE Universe. Sorry Internet Wrestling Community but the WWE is about to rub some more salt in your wounds.
According to new data from WWE, the 2012 TLC pay-per-view with John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler plus Ryback, Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns did an estimated total of 170,000 buys. This is down a bit from the 179,000 buys that TLC 2011 drew. An updated number will be released with WWE’s first quarter report.
Here are updated estimated pay-per-view...
- CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena and Ryback is advertised for next week's RAW from Atlanta.
- In an attempt to push ticket sales, The Rock cut a localized promo at last night's RAW for the RAW show on March 25th from Philadelphia. It's been a while since WWE did a localized promo.
- Unless plans change, WWE Champion The Rock will not be at next Monday's...
Daniel Bryan and John Cena will be attending the Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia on May 30th and June 1st.
Cena will appear on the 30th from 3:30pm until 7:30pm while Bryan will appear on the 1st from 12:30pm until 3:30pm. Bryan will also conduct a Q&A panel.
- The March edition of WWE Magazine will have three different collector's covers featuring The Rock, Brock Lesnar and John Cena. You can check out the covers below:
- Embedded below is the latest episode of The JBL & Cold show. This week's episode features a cameo by Goldust, as well as Zack Ryder facing Tony Chimel in the SuperSTAR Search.
- Former WWE Superstar...
- The March edition of WWE Magazine will have three different collector’s covers featuring The Rock, Brock Lesnar and John Cena. You can check out the covers below:
- Embedded below is the latest episode of The JBL & Cold show. This week’s episode features a cameo by Goldust, as well as Zack Ryder facing Tony Chimel in the SuperSTAR Search.
- Former WWE Superstar Edge and...
- Due to the MLK holiday, we’re just now getting the numbers for the January 21st episode of WWE RAW. That show did a 3.03 rating with 4.32 million viewers. RAW was third on cable that night, behind two episodes of Pawn Stars.
The show started with a 3.36 quarter rating but Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro lost 641,000 viewers. Mick Foley’s Hall of Fame video, The Shield video...
- Last night’s WWE RAW drew 5.02 million viewers on the USA Network. The final rating for the show is a 3.7 rating. This is up 21% in viewers and 16% in the ratings from last week. This is the first time RAW has topped 5 million viewers since RAW 1,000.
- CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena and Ryback is advertised for next week’s RAW from Atlanta.
- In an attempt to push...