Found September 10, 2013 on
One year ago today, Jerry “The King” Lawler experienced a near-fatal episode as scarily collapsed during a live episode of Raw in Montreal. It was widely reported that Lawler had suffered a heart attack, but he clarified in an interview last spring that he went through Sudden Cardiac Arrest, which according to the Mayo Clinic, “usually results from an electrical disturbance in your heart that disrupts its pumping action, stopping blood flow to the rest of your body.”
Lawler remarked on the one year anniversary of the occasion this morning via Twitter. He wrote, “Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers from everyone about cardiac arrest 1 year ago today…thank God & Doc Sampson everything is fine now!”
John Cena Speed Dating….
The post Jerry Lawler Remarks on Near Fatal Experience Last Year appeared first on All Wrestling News.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
One year ago today, Jerry "The King" Lawler experienced a near-fatal episode as scarily collapsed during a live episode of Raw in Montreal. It was widely reported that Lawler had suffered a heart attack, but he clarified in an interview last spring that he went through Sudden Cardiac Arrest, which according to the Mayo Clinic, “usually results from an electrical disturbance...
– Jerry Lawler was seen at a screening of the original King King in Memphis, Tennessee. Lawler recently had his first singles match since he suffered his heart attack. He wrestled Mike Rapada in Covington, Tennessee at the Crestview Middle School last night.
– NJ.com has a piece on WWE Divas making an appearance a the Jersey City National Guard Armory to sign autographs.
– Jerry Lawler posted the following about his wrestling match with Jeff Jarrett on Friday…
This Friday night, Resorts Casino, Tunica, MS. Memphis wrestling legends in action!!! pic.twitter.com/c7mBeC7N32
— Jerry Lawler (@JerryLawler) September 9, 2013
Handsome Jimmy Valiant will referee my match against Jeff Jarrett Friday at Resorts Casino, Tunica MS pic.twitter.com/IUbApGjswD...
WWE.com is reporting that Jim Ross has announced his retirement. After a 20 year career with the WWE, he has decided to focus more on his “personal business endeavors.” ‘Good Ol JR’ got his start in the business as a referee, working for NWA. From there, he became a play-by-play announcer for Mid-South territory, rejoined with NWA in the same role, and stayed in the company...
WWE announced that Jim Ross notified the company that he will be retiring today to “focus on his personal business endeavors.”
Ross first joined WWE 20 years ago in 1993 and made his on-camera debut at WrestleMania IX. He worked on and off as an announcer on RAW until 2011, when he was fired in storyline by John Laurinaitis. He has appeared sporadically on WWE television ever...
Source: The Wrestling Observer
According to WWE sources, several talents had issues with their luggage upon arriving to Toronto, Canada. We’re not sure how many of the talents were affected but it was said to have happened to quite a few of them.
That’s the reason Jerry Lawler was wearing a green WWE shirt on RAW. We know for a fact that he lost his luggage.
The issue caused...
- The latest issue of ESPN Magazine has a story with former WWE personality Jonathan Coachman talking about Darren Young coming out of the closet. The Coach described it as no big deal and mentioned that Pat Patterson has been one of Vince McMahon’s right hand men and has been out for 40 years.
- Jerry “The King” Lawler hyped his upcoming match against Jeff Jarrett, writing...