Found September 10, 2012 on
The Camel Clutch Blog:
A strange situation occurred at Monday Night RAW tonight. All of the sudden things got strange during a match and it didn’t take long for word to spread of a terrible incident. Jerry the King Lawler passed out at the broadcast booth and had to be helped to the back.
BEST OF MAXIM
- WWE has posted the following update on Jerry “The King” Lawler’s condition.
As of this morning, Jerry “The King” Lawler is in a cardiac care unit and all his vital signs are stable. WWE will provide additional information as it becomes available. We continue to wish Jerry all the best for a full recovery.
- Jim Ross also provided the following update on Jerry Lawler on...
- WWE has posted a new update on the condition of Jerry “The King” Lawler on their Twitter.
“As of Wednesday afternoon, @JerryLawler remains in a cardiac care unit in Montreal. His vital signs continue to be stable… He is awake, recognizes family members and is communicating with them. We continue to wish Jerry all the best for a full recovery.”
- WWE is featuring an article...
- A representative for WWE released the following statement to TMZ last night regarding Jerry Lawler:
“Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler suffered a heart attack while commentating during Monday night’s broadcast of ‘Monday Night Raw’ in Montreal. We are hopeful Jerry makes a full recovery and returns to WWE in the near future. Our thoughts are with Jerry and his family.”
Michael Cole posted the following to Twitter today, his first since Raw on Monday:
Thank you #wweuniverse for all the kind words. Humbling. But this isn’t about me, it’s about our friend jerry. #GetWellJerry
#wweuniverse you will never believe this! I just got off the phone with #jerrylawler and he is alert and in great spirits!
#jerrylawler sends his love to you all and thanks...
- Here are more comments from people on Twitter about Jerry Lawler:Velvet Sky: “Just did Piper’s Pit with Jerry Lawler in Aruba on Friday and he seemed to be in great health so I know he will pull through this”AJ Lee: “Thinking of Lawler. I’m sure he’d appreciate all of your well wishes. Stay strong, King.”William Regal: “My best wishes go out to Jerry Lawler and...
WWE broadcaster and wrestler Jerry “The King” Lawler appeared more responsive after collapsing ringside during Monday night’s live episode of Raw.
Lawler, who had participated in a tag team match alongside Randy Orton earlier in the show, collapsed at the announcer's table while commentating the tag team match featuring Daniel Bryan and Kane vs. Darren Young and Titus...
- WREG TV in Memphis, Tennessee reports that Jerry Lawler is currently sedated and on a respirator following surgery to place stents into his heart.
They are planning to take Lawler off the ventilator as soon as possible. The ventilator is to provide breathing support to assist his body following the surgery.
Lawler’s girlfriend and his son, former WWE star Brian Lawler, have...
Smith Hart, brother of WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, says he was told by a friend backstage at Monday’s Raw at Centre Bell in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that Jerry Lawler was “clinically dead” for twenty minutes being revived by a defibrillator.
He wrote on Twitter, “According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before...
WWE broadcaster and wrestler Jerry “The King” Lawler is believed to have suffered a heart attack or stroke when he collapsed ringside during Monday night’s live episode of Raw.Alex Marvez reported Monday night on FoxSports.com following the show: “A source told FoxSports.com that it’s believed Lawler suffered a stroke or heart attack, with the former being the most likely...