Found August 23, 2013 on
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The John Cena promo from Monday night, where he discussed doctors advising him not to wrestle at SummerSlam, was reportedly the truth.
The word is that Cena insisted on working the PPV, and putting over Daniel Bryan before he had to leave for four to six months.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
John Cena posted the following on Twitter today…
Welcome to my elbow. Road back starts, now! @ESPN @WWEUniverse @SportsCenter @eonline @TMZ #playitclean #leakybow
— John Cena (@JohnCena) August 23, 2013
If you’re interested, you can click here to view a photo of John Cena’s elbow without the cast on. OUCH!
WWE has published an article containing quotes from John Cena following his elbow surgery, were he comments on what the next half-year holds for him.
“I plan on using the next couple months to rehab and get healthy as I can, as quickly as I can,” said Cena. “My goal is to return to WWE healthy and strong, and since my expected time away is only six months, this shouldn’t...
– John Cena posted a new photo on his Instagram, which was of a Change Ahead road sign. This was in reference to things changing for himself and WWE since he is out with an injury.
– AJ Lee posted the following on Twitter, regarding the fact that she has one million followers on her official Twitter account:
“If there’s any lesson I want to leave my female fans, it’s this...
- John Cena posted the following photo of his elbow after his triceps surgery.
- WWE is featuring a piece looking at "14 Superstars You Didn't Know Were In WWE," including Crowbar, Public Enemy, Baron Von Raschke, Great Sasuke & more.
- Nikki Bella noted that she will be starting her physical therapy, writing on Twitter, "About to go get my physical therapy...
Two things will happen in the next four months - The WWE will thrive on a non-John Cena program with new superstars (Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Dean Ambrose) helping to lead the way, and we will see the genius of the John Cena character each day he is not on the little screen.
- After being listed at #1 in this year’s PWI 500, John Cena had the following to say to Publisher Stu Saks…“Even after celebrating 11 years on WWE TV, no accolade goes unappreciated. And for my critics—and that’s who you are—to be willing to give me a pat on the back and say, ‘Job well done,’ this means more to me than you could ever know.” - As we reported, there...
– At this time, it is being reported that John Cena’s rehab will be filmed and featured on the Total Divas reality show. There are no exact air dates reported, but the rehab is expected to be featured on several episodes.
– Dolph Ziggler will make an appearance at the Army National Guard Recruiting Office in Rio Rancho, New Mexico on Sunday, August 25th from 12:30pm-2:30pm...
– The Hell in the Cell PPV pre-sale password is WWEHIC. The show takes place on October 27th in Miami, Florida with tickets going on sale via Ticketmaster tomorrow at 10 AM ET.
– TMZ covered John Cena’s elbow surgery, covering everything that’s been reported up to now. You can read that article here.
– William Regal posted the following to Twitter about Daniel Bryan’s...
- Vince McMahon turns 68 years old today.- While John Cena is telling people his target for a return to the ring is WrestleMania XXX, within WWE privately people are talking about him returning at the Royal Rumble. That would be just under 5 months after the surgery, which would be pushing it slightly.- WWE announced on last night’s SmackDown that Daniel Bryan will get his rematch...
- Vince McMahon turns 68 years old today.
- While John Cena is telling people his target for a return to the ring is WrestleMania XXX, within WWE privately people are talking about him returning at the Royal Rumble. That would be just under 5 months after the surgery, which would be pushing it slightly.
- WWE announced on last night’s SmackDown that Daniel Bryan will get his rematch...
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts posted a post-hair surgery photo on Twitter, with the following caption:
The results from hair surgery = Zombi Jake the snake.
- Former WWE broadcaster Jonathan Coachman appeared on the “Mike and Mike” show this morning on ESPN Radio answering questions from Twitter regarding WWE.
- WWE has updated the advertising for upcoming live events. John...
Former 13 time world champion John Cena made his first comments today since his triceps surgery on Tuesday. Cena told WWE.com that he wants to be healthy and put rumors to rest about being at WrestleMania 30 in April.
“I plan on using the next couple months to rehab and get healthy as I can, as quickly as I can,” said Cena. “My goal is to return to WWE healthy and strong, and...
- Jake “The Snake” Roberts posted a post-hair surgery photo on Twitter, with the following caption:“The results from hair surgery = Zombi Jake the snake.”- WWE has updated the advertising for upcoming live events. The injured John Cena has been removed and replaced by Daniel Bryan.- It was announced on Friday’s SmackDown that CM Punk will face Curtis Axel on Monday’s...
– Promoting Night of Champions on September 15, WWE has released this video counting down the top victories in the history of the pay-per-view event. Among those include Triple H defeating John Cena in 2008, Daniel Bryan forcing The Miz to tap out and Mark Henry claiming the World Heavyweight Championship from Randy Orton.
– Below is this week’s edition of Smackdown Backstage Fallout: