Found January 17, 2013 on
-Mick Foley appeared on The Mike Hlas Podcast to promote his weekend comedy shows in Iowa. Foley will be performing in Burlington tonight, and in Cedar Rapids on Friday and Saturday.
-Casting for the third season of “Redneck Island”, hosted by Steve Austin, is underway. You can apply at redneckislandcasting.com.
-The Q4 blog published an article about WWE using Twitter for investor-related information. The article notes that John Cena is the third most followed American athlete behind Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, according to WWE Senior Vice President of Investor Relations & Financial Planning Michael Weitz.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Here is the video promo on SmackDown of the Shield explaining why they attacked Mick Foley on RAW. They explained that it is due to his hardcore style inspiring kids to harm themselves trying to follow in his footsteps:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson commented earlier today on Mick Foley being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, writing on Twitter, “@realMickFoley Always a pleasure seeing you Mick. Congrats on the HOF. What a career! Im honored to share a small part of it. #FoleyJourney”.
- Speaking of Mick Foley, he asked fans who should induct him into the Hall of Fame, “Who would YOU like...
– The Rock tweeted a message of congratulations to Mick Foley. He wrote: “@realMickFoley Always a pleasure seeing you Mick. Congrats on the HOF. What a career! Im honored to share a small part of it. #FoleyJourney”
– WWE SmackDown will have live events in Alaska tonight and Friday night with shows in Fairbanks and Anchorage. The Shield will work these events.
– Vickie Guerrero...
– Mick Foley posted the following on Twitter after last night’s RAW…
“What an honor to have a @TheRock & Sock reunion on the 20th anniversary of #RAW. Very proud to be part of history”
– Foley and The “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase have been added to this year’s Niagara Falls Comic Con on June 8th and 9th. Bret Hart, Lanny Poffo, and Brutus Beefcake had already...
WWE want Lesnar for another year:
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE have offered Brock Lesnar a new contract for when his current deal expires after Wrestlemania.
As previously reported Lesnar’s decision to re-sign will likely affect the outcome of his match at the mega event; the company are unlikely to put him over if he’s not going to stick around.
- As noted earlier, The Rock will be featured in a "Got Milk?" advertisement that will air during the Superbowl. The trailer for Fast Six, which features The Rock, is also slated to premiere during the game.
- Mick Foley published a new blog remembering the late Buddy Jack Roberts of the Fabulous Freebirds.
- Zack Ryder updated the status of his "Hoeski" music...
- Former WWE star Bob “Hardcore” Holly was in attendance for Mick Foley’s stand-up comedy show in Dubuque, Iowa last night.- Konnan spoke about Rey Mysterio’s WWE status on the new episode of MLW Radio:“Somebody seems to think that Rey was suspended for the wellness policy. Absolutely incorrect. He is dealing with a family situation right now and he does have permission...
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross published a new blog on JRsBarBQ.com. Here are some highlights.
Superstar Billy Graham’s Failing Health: Prayers to Superstar Billy Graham as he is very ill or so reports say. For those wishing to reach out to Superstar he is on Facebook as I understand it.
Tyson Kidd Undergoing Surgery: Tyson Kidd, one of the potentially brightest young stars in WWE...
- CM Punk discussed why WWE is so successful in an article published by the Associated Press.
“It’s successful because it changes with the times,” said Punk. “It’s not just a wrestling show, it’s a complete spectacle.”
The article also contains quotes from John Cena, Paul Heyman and Jerry Lawler.
- Clayton Jack revealed his short term goals in an article published by...
WWE developmental talent TAC (Brandon Carter) was released on Friday.
Carter was a former offensive tackle for Texas Tech University who came into development as a long-time wrestling fan.
Carter previously used Twitter for several outbursts a few months ago and said he wasn’t afraid of being fired, unlike the other people “playing it safe”.