Found November 28, 2012 on
MDI Secures IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars and Experiential Prizes for Exciting New Instant Games
MDI Entertainment, LLC, a subsidiary of Scientific Games Corporation, has signed an agreement with TNA Entertainment, LLC, dba IMPACT WRESTLING, to offer lotteries branded instant games featuring some of the biggest names and most recognizable imagery in professional wrestling today.
The agreement makes the names and likenesses of more than a dozen wrestling superstars, as well as the logos, marks and artwork of IMPACT WRESTLING, available to lotteries worldwide.
Stars like Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Matt Morgan and Bobby Roode are included, and can be used on instant tickets and promotional materials, as well as in television and radio commercials. They also are available for personal appearances and public service announcements to promote the good causes lottery games support.
“We are extremely pleased to have secured this license, and to be able to give lotteries so many noteworthy options to promote games associated with it,” said Steve Saferin, President, Properties Group and Chief Creative Officer for Scientific Games.
“In addition to providing the biggest names in wrestling today, IMPACT WRESTLING is offering extraordinary marketing support and incredible prize opportunities. This gives lotteries a chance to reach and inspire wrestling fans – including the often elusive 18-34 age group – in very powerful ways.”
IMPACT WRESTLING President Dixie Carter stated, “Working with MDI provides a new marketing platform for IMPACT WRESTLING to connect with our fans through the state lottery programs. Our fans avidly invest in our superstars as they appear on SPIKE TV every Thursday and travel the country on the IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE WORLD TOUR.”
IMPACT WRESTLING will work with MDI and lotteries to create 2nd Chance prizes that can include merchandise and trips where winners will be treated to a live taping of the IMPACT WRESTLING television show, a backstage tour and a chance to meet wrestling talent. “IMPACT WRESTLING” is a weekly, two-hour show appearing during prime time on SPIKE TV.
A “Contract-for-a-Day” prize also can be created, in which the winner will be given the trip, plus an on-camera cameo role to be included in an IMPACT WRESTLING pay-per-view live show.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Matt Hardy hints at Hardy Boys reunion:
Matt Hardy said there is a “highly likely” possibility that the Hardy Boys will reunite in WWE next year, during a recent interview with Passing The Torch Radio.
Matt is a free agent, while Jeff Hardy is coming to the end of his TNA contract.
It is believed that part of Jeff and TNA’s renegotiation was to give him the World Title from...
- Sarita, who is known as Dark Angel in Mexico, won CMLL’s annual female bodybuilding competition for the seventh consecutive year Thursday in Mexico City. She beat Dalys and Isis to be crowned “Miss CMLL.”Sarita thanked fans for their support on Facebook: “THANK YOU for so much support today at the contest. I was elated to see so many friends cheering me on. 7 time champ...
The WWE Attitude Era is in the midst of a bit of a resurgence thanks to the WWE 13 video game. Maybe that is why fans are clamoring for a return to the WWE of one of their favorite Attitude Era tag teams. According to one half of that team, that reunion may come sooner than you think.
- TNA Wrestling has released its promotional advertisement for Final Resolution, which takes place on Sunday, December 9 live on pay-per-view and online via TNAOnDemand.com. Jeff Hardy will defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Bobby Roode at the event.
- Tomorrow in Mexico, Sarita vies for her seventh consecutive victory in Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre's...
TNA Wrestling has released its promotional advertisement for Final Resolution, which takes place on Sunday, December 9 live on pay-per-view and online via TNAOnDemand.com. Jeff Hardy will defend the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Bobby Roode at the event. You can watch it below:
– The following matches have been announced for next week’s edition of TNA IMPACT Wrestling…
* DOC vs. Kurt Angle
* TV Title Match: Devon vs. Samoa Joe ©
* Bobby Roode, Daniels and Kaz vs. Jeff Hardy, James Storm and AJ Styles
– It was announced during Thursday’s iMPACT! Wrestling broadcast that San Antonio, Texas will host Lockdown on March 10, 2013 at the Alamodome....
- WWE Vintage Collection on November 24th, 2012 featured these matches:
* Ric Flair vs. Arn Anderson – WCW Fall Brawl 1995
* Sting & The Great Muta vs. The Steiners – WCW Japan Supershow 2
* Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy – WWF Vengeance 2001
- WWE returns to the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on March 1st, 2013 at 7:30PM. The online pre-sale begins December 14th...
– GQ has named Hulk Hogan as one of their 12 Least Influential People of 2012. You can check out the article at this link.
– Eric the Actor from The Howard the Stern is already done with his job as a personality on the TNA online shows. Word is that he opted out as he had other projects conflicting with his TNA work.
– TNA has house shows this weekend on November 30th in Bemidji...
- TNA announced three matches for next week’s live Impact episode on tonight’s episode of Impact.
* Six-man tag match: Jeff Hardy & A.J. Styles & James Storm vs. Bobby Roode & Daniels & Kazarian.
* TV Title match: Samoa Joe vs. Devon.
* Kurt Angle vs. D.O.C. from Aces & Eights.
- Also during tonight’s episode of TNA Impact, TNA announced San Antonio, Texas...
It was announced during Thursday’s iMPACT! Wrestling broadcast that San Antonio, Texas will host Lockdown on March 10, 2013 at the Alamodome. The following press release was issued.
Lockdown 2013 is coming to the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on March 10
TNA WRESTLING ANNOUNCES SAN ANTONIO FOR “LOCKDOWN” LIVE PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT MARCH 10 – PRESENTED BY DIRECT AUTO INSURANCE...