Found July 15, 2013 on
WWE.com caught up with Rob Van Dam after his return at Money in the Bank last night. RVD called the reaction in Philadelphia awesome. Van Dam says there’s a whole lot more to come from Mr. Monday Night.
WWE cameras also caught up with WWE Champion John Cena after his win over Mark Henry. Cena put over Henry and said it was one of the most difficult challenges he’s ever had.
Paul Heyman was caught leaving the arena after turning on CM Punk. WWE.com reporters tried to get comment from Heyman but he kept walking. He finally turned around and yelled, “Stay out of my personal life!”
Finally, WWE’s cameras caught up with Cody Rhodes. Cody didn’t have an answer for Damien Sandow turning on him to win the briefcase. They then caught up with Sandow, who was proudly carrying his briefcase. Sandow said they have been saying “may the best man win” and in the match, the best man won.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
– Paul Heyman will explain why he turned on his former client CM Punk at last night’s WWE Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Heyman tweeted the following earlier this afternoon:
“Heading into Brooklyn USA @WWE #RAW and you may not like my answers!”
– Vickie Guerrero tweeted the following after last night’s WWE Money in the Bank pay-per-view:
“I had a great time at #mitb...
Credit – F4WOnline
There have been at least some rumblings within WWE that members of The Shield, particularly Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns, have some backstage heat on them. No word yet on what may have brought the heat on them.
In unrelated news, there was talk last night at Money in the Bank of having Damien Sandow defend his briefcase against Cody Rhodes at this year’s...
- Tonight’s WWE RAW takes place from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Tonight’s show will be loaded as WWE begins the build for SummerSlam. Both Rob Van Dam and Brock Lesnar will be appearing tonight.No matches have been announced yet but WWE is advertising that Bray Wyatt and The Wyatt Family will be appearing to address what happened last week. Advertised locally...
Insider leaks months of PPV results:
An apparent WWE insider has been accurately leaking the results for every PPV since Elimination Chamber on the Reddit Squared Circle page. This would have to be somebody high up in WWE, most likely in creative.
Lets just hope they stick around until next year’s Wrestlemania when the online bookmakers are taking bets for the match outcomes!
WWE.com has a new article up, talking about an upcoming appearance by WWE Champion John Cena on the ABC morning show “Live with Kelly & Michael” this Monday at 9 AM ET. The article mentions Cena and co-host, former NFL player Michael Strahan, doing battle in a “No Holds Barred Match” on the show Monday. Cena will be there to talk WWE, Money in the Bank, Make-A-Wish, RAW...
- Here is WWE’s latest promo for this year’s SummerSlam from Los Angeles:
- Rosa Mendes announced on Twitter that WWE announcer Tony Chimel has lost 58 lbs – his goal and his record. Apparently Chimel was using Rosa’s “Musclemania” program.
- WWE used a different lighting for the Mark Henry vs. John Cena match at Money in the Bank last night. Jim Ross commented:
- NBC is schedule to air “WrestleMania: The World Television Premiere” on Saturday, August 3rd. The special will take a behind-the-scenes look at the two-year-long rivalry between The Rock and John Cena, culminating in their championship match at this year’s WrestleMania 29.
- As of Saturday, there haven’t been any major script changes to Sunday’s Money in the Bank pay...
Brad Maddox tells John Cena he’s going to allow him to pick his opponent for Summerslam. Randy Orton comes out and tells John Cena he may not be WWE Champion when Summerslam rolls around. Fandango interrupts and comes out and says Orton will be cashing in the briefcase against him, not John Cena. Fandango tries to get John Cena to say his name with him but Randy Orton attacks him...
- Stephanie McMahon revealed the new RVD shirt on her Twitter page. You can check it out below.
- WWE is in South Philadelphia tonight and Paul Heyman made a side trip with his son and daughter to the old ECW Arena. Here is a photo he shared on his Twitter page.
- When news leaked last week of WWE’s plans to do an angle where John Cena let the WWE fans pick Daniel Bryan as his SummerSlam opponent, WWE officials went ahead and did the angle on this week’s Raw. It was originally planned to happen a few weeks from now, closer to when Total Divas aired. The feeling at Raw was that they wanted to put the official SummerSlam main event out...
- The Usos tweeted about their loss to The Shield at Money in the Bank:
“Thanks to that HOT Philly crowd!! Knocked down 100 times,…stand up 101..keep pushin. Thanks again to the Universe…#USOOO”
“Ups and downs, wins and losses….Take time to thank the man above…say your prayers…out”
- Wade Barrett tweeted about the Money in the Bank Ladder Match that he participated...
- Scott Hall tweeted out a new photo of he and wrestling legend Lex Luger:
- Chris Jericho was at the Sirius/XM studios today to record two shows. He will be hosting Ozzy’s Boneyard this weekend and Liquid Metal this week on Sirius.
- The Bella Twins were interviewed by The New York Daily News to promote Total Divas and were asked about their workout routines. Nikki Bella replied...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
– The plan as of two weeks ago was to have John Cena retain the title against Mark Henry at Money in the Bank tonight. Of course, plans can and always do change but that was the going plan at last week’s WWE TV tapings.
– Kenny McIntosh sent in this interview recap:
Inside The Ropes debuted their ‘Where Are They Now?’ Interview series...
IGN has released a first look at WWE 2K14, which is available for pre-order at WWEShop.com. Here are some of the highlights from writer Richard George’s article:
* Yukes is keeping the game engine from WWE ’13. It remains more of a “simulation” game, focusing on the the same light-and-heavy grapple system from 2011.
* The biggest change to the engine is the reversal system...