Found May 23, 2012 on
- ROH World Champion Kevin Steen suffered a serious concussion last Friday in Baltimore and was unable to compete in his scheduled match on Saturday in Richmond, VA. The Virginia State Athletic Commission would not clear Steen to compete after doctors diagnosed Steen with a grade 2 concussion. It is expected that Steen will be fully recovered in time for our next live event in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Speaking of West Virginia, ROH debuts in Charleston on June 15th and we will tape “Road Rage” for future episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV! It is scheduled to be a huge card with an ROH World Title Match between “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen and “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards headlining. This will be Steen’s very first World Championship defense and ROH officials are hoping Edwards can make it a short title reign. Fans will also see a Texas Death Match when Jay Briscoe goes to war with Charlie Haas in their Final Encounter. In addition, Jay Lethal will face “Unbreakable”
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
All fans who purchase tickets for “Best In The World” this weekend will get a free Kevin Steen autographed 8 X 10 photo in New York City on June 24th. The ROH World Champion will be signing autographs prior to the event.
This offer is limited to those ticket orders placed between Friday, May 25th and Monday, May 28th and is not valid on any previously placed orders. Autograph...
Partial Source: Pwinsider
– Monday was the one-year anniversary of the announcement that Sinclair Broadcasting had purchased Ring of Honor.
– Kevin Steen’s concussion is legitimate and not a work. In other Steen news, there are plans to air his title win on ROH TV soon, likely just as highlights so as not to cut into potential DVD sales.
– June 15th’s Charleston, West Virginia...
- ROH World Champion Kevin Steen suffered a serious concussion last Friday in Baltimore and was unable to compete in his scheduled match on Saturday in Richmond, VA. The Virginia State Athletic Commission would not clear Steen to compete after doctors diagnosed Steen with a grade 2 concussion. It is expected that Steen will be fully recovered in time for our next live event in Charleston...
This week on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, it’s a “Road Rage” edition as we head to Toronto for “Border Wars”!!
Witness one of the most exciting ROH World Title matches in history for yourself as ROH World Champion Davey Richards defends against “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen in Kevin’s home country! It’s all on the line in this one as Steen...
– Here is the updated lineup for ROH’s “Best in the World 2012″ iPPV on June 24th:
*ROH champion Kevin Steen vs. Davey Richards (advertised as Richards’ last title shot against Steen)
*ROH Tag Team champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. The All Night Express
*Dave Finlay vs. Michael Elgin
The PPV can be pre-ordered ROHWrestling.com/ippv/
– ROH is running a...
Ring of Honor his West Virginia for the very first time on June 15th and as part of our debut there we will tape “Road Rage” for future episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV! Several matches were set over the weekend for this huge debut including the World Title match we alluded to last week…
- ROH World Title Match – “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen...
Eight men were chosen: “American Wolf” Davey Richards, “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett, Jay Lethal, “The Dominant Male” Tommaso Ciampa, and “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin. Each man had an equal chance to earn a shot at the ROH World Title but only half of them would make the cut…
Of those eight, four individuals...
- It’s almost time for the Memorial Day weekend to begin but before you kick off your holiday make sure you hit up ROHWrestling.com for a huge sale on ROH DVDs & apparel! And there will also be a special offer for anyone purchasing tickets to June 24th’s “Best in the World 2012” iPPV event in NYC. Stay tuned later today for details!
- Join us THIS Monday on Memorial...
NWA Smoky Mountain announced on their facebook page late Wednesday Night a HUGE Tag Team Match featuring a Former ROH World Champion, WCW/NWA Tag Champion, and the #1 Contender for the NWA Jr. Heavyweight Title. Here is the statement issued by NWA Smoky Mountain owner Tony Givens:
BREAKING NEWS – We have learned that a HUGE Tag Team Match has been signed for an upcoming event...