Found February 05, 2013 on
- Bruno Sammartino told the CBS News affiliate in Pittsburgh that he is going into the WWE Hall of Fame because of WWE’s strict drug testing and other similar changes. Below is video:
- Those overseeing last weekend’s WWE tryouts in Florida were Gerald Brisco, Jim Ross, Bill DeMott, Joey Mercury, William Regal, Billy Gunn, Norman Smiley, Dusty Rhodes, Steve Keirn and Triple H hire Canyon Ceman. It appears NXT trainer Sara Del Rey was not there for the tryouts.
- Even though he was not promoted on last night’s RAW, WWE Champion The Rock is indeed scheduled for next Monday’s show from Nashville.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
WWE sent out the following press release moments after Bruno Sammartino was revealed for the 2013 Hall of Fame class.
STAMFORD, Conn., February 4, 2013 – WWE (NYSE:WWE) announced today that Bruno Sammartino will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Saturday, April 6, 2013 at Madison Square Garden.
Sammartino, nicknamed “The Living Legend,” is a two-time WWE...
According to an exclusive report from ESPN, Bruno Sammartino is expected to finally be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 6th at Madison Square Garden. The following are highlights from ESPN’s interview which you can see in full HERE:
On being inducted at Madison Square Garden:
“Being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Madison Square Gardens is the biggest thing in...
– The longest-running WWE Champion of all-time, Bruno Sammartino, who was announced on Monday as the latest inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame, is today’s featured Superstar on WWE.com.
– As noted earlier, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson touted the ratings success of Raw since becoming WWE Champion at Royal Rumble.
He tweeted Wednesday, “People’s Era – highest #RAW ratings...
- The deal to bring Bruno Sammartino into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame was locked in two weeks ago after Triple H traveled to Bruno’s home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The contract was signed this past Friday, February 1st. There had been talk within WWE that the deal was done but sources close to Bruno wouldn’t confirm it because he had not signed yet and they did not feel it was...
Sammartino explains his HOF acceptance:
Wrestling legend Bruno Sammartino further explained his reasons for finally accepting WWE’s Hall of Fame offer, after being critical of the company for so many years. He told CBS News that WWE’s Wellness Policy is a one of the main factors, as is the switch to PG.
Sammartino was one of Vince’s main critics during past drug scandals.
- Bruno Sammartino told the CBS News affiliate in Pittsburgh that he is going into the WWE Hall of Fame because of WWE’s strict drug testing and other similar changes. Below is video:- Those overseeing last weekend’s WWE tryouts in Florida were Gerald Brisco, Jim Ross, Bill DeMott, Joey Mercury, William Regal, Billy Gunn, Norman Smiley, Dusty Rhodes, Steve Keirn and Triple H...
- Embedded below is the WWE Hall of Fame video package for Bruno Sammartino.
- Stephanie McMahon, Kofi Kingston, Layla and Hornswoggle took part in a Be A STAR Rally earlier today at Hope-Hill Elementary School in Atlanta, GA.
- You can vote for The Rock’s “Got Milk?” Super Bowl commercial at The Wall Street Journal at this link.
Time for a tough enough return anyone
Bruno Sammartino is coming home! The Living Legend will finally be returning to the WWE after a 25+ year absence to enter the WWE Hall of Fame on WrestleMania 29 weekend.
- Bruno Sammartino will be going into another Hall of Fame this year – the International Sports Hall of Fame. WWE Superstar Mark Henry was inducted last year. Below is a video of Bruno talking about the induction:
- WWE NXT head trainer Bill DeMott says women’s trainer Sara Del Rey is doing big things with the WWE developmental Divas. DeMott tweeted on Tuesday: