Found October 09, 2013 on
Between The Ropes:
The WWE held their Smackdown tapings last night from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. The show will air on Friday night on the SyFy channel starting at 8 p.m. ET. Here is what happened at last night’s tapings.
- Vickie Guerrero kicks off SmackDown with a recap of her and Alberto Del Rio from RAW. She says Big Show needed to be fired a long time ago. She says his house is already for sale. Del Rio interrupts and wants the match against John Cena at Hell In a Cell to be canceled. Del Rio kisses Vickie on the lips. She wants him to kiss her rear. Damien Sandow interrupts and Vickie makes Sandow vs. Del Rio for tonight. Del Rio lays out Sandow with a mic and attacks him.
- Curtis Axel defeated R-Truth with the Intercontinental Title on the line.
- Los Matadores defeated El Locals. One of the El Locals was Ricardo Rodriguez under a mask.
- They air a recap of Shawn Michaels’ campaign speech on RAW.
- Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs. Luke Harper and Erick Rowan is announced for Smac...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
John Cena appeared on ABC's Good Morning America earlier today and talked about WWE's "Rise Above Cancer" campaign. Cena also mentioned that he's rejoining the fight on October 27th at Hell In A Cell.
"I'm finally ready to go, I feel good! I'm back!"
Speaking of Cena, he also noted on Twitter that he will be doing interviews today with CNN...
- Many people assumed that WWE bringing back Shawn Michaels and John Cena for Hell In a Cell was their response to the negative reactions to the Battleground pay-per-view on Sunday. That isn't the case as Michaels has been scheduled to get involved in the Daniel Bryan storyline for several weeks and they were talking about Cena returning last week.
- We noted before that the...
- R-Truth will face Curtis Axel for his WWE Intercontinental Title on this Friday's SmackDown.
- John Cena tweeted about his return at WWE Hell In a Cell against World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio:
"You heard it on #RAW, @WWE Universe. Hell in a Cell vs. @VivaDelRio for the WHC. The Champ is... Back! #EvenStronger"
Hot Photos of NXT Diva Paige, Another Major...
- WWE’s website published a playlist of John Cena talking about the Rise Above Cancer campaign on national TV yesterday.- The pre-sale password for WWE’s December 26th show at Madison Square Garden is WWESOCIAL. The pre-sale is going on now. Names advertised for the show include John Cena, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio and The Shield.- On behalf of WWE and NBC Universal, R-Truth...
- It was announced by Vickie Guerrero and Michael Cole on tonight's WWE RAW that a returning John Cena will be facing Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title at Hell In a Cell.
Cena wasn't scheduled to return until around the Royal Rumble.
Another Big WWE HIAC Match, New Plans for Kane & The Wyatts?, Kelly Exposed, Tessmacher's Booty, More...
- Michael Hayes, who has been involved with WWE creative for a long time, has been away for a few weeks now. Hayes was given some time off to deal with some personal things and there’s no timetable for his return.
- For what it’s worth, a lot of people backstage at Monday’s RAW were wondering if Shawn Michaels getting involved at Hell In a Cell will lead to his in-ring return...
– Former WWE Women’s Champion Rockin’ Robin turns 49 years old today.
– Stevie Richards turns 42 years old today.
– There is no pro wrestling on ESPN Classic tonight.
– While there was some speculation that the announcement Monday was a tease and that it would be changed later, the WWE doctors have medically cleared John Cena as we noted yesterday, and he will wrestle...
– WWE Superstar John Cena posted a tweet on his official Twitter account in reaction to the news that he will be facing Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship at the upcoming WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view on Sunday, October 27th in Miami, Florida. Cena wrote:
You heard it on #RAW, @WWE Universe. Hell in a Cell vs. @VivaDelRio for the WHC. The Champ is… Back...
- RAW General Manager Brad Maddox announced on tonight’s RAW that Daniel Bryan will face Randy Orton for the vacant WWE Title inside the Cell at this month’s Hell In a Cell pay-per-view.
The special referee will be WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels, as chosen by the fans on the WWE App earlier tonight.
- It was also announced on RAW that a returning John Cena will face Alberto...
WWE has published an article playing up to the possibility that Rob Van Dam will be taking time off from the company following his loss to Alberto Del Rio at the Battleground pay-per-view event.
“Now, with the golden losses beginning to pile up, a source has indicated that the ECW Original is considering taking some time off. While WWE.com cannot confirm or deny this rumor at this...
- Thanks to Chris Featherstone for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight’s tapings in Columbus, Ohio:
* Vickie Guerrero kicks off SmackDown with a recap of her and Alberto Del Rio from RAW. She says Big Show needed to be fired a long time ago. She says his house is already for sale. Del Rio interrupts and wants the match against John Cena at Hell In a Cell to be canceled...
WWE announced that CM Punk will face Ryback in a rematch at Hell in a Cell. Here is the updated card for the event:
* WWE Championship: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton – Hell in a Cell Match
* World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio
* CM Punk vs. Ryback
WWE Hell in a Cell takes place on Sunday, October 27th, 2013. As always, we will be providing live play-by...
- WWE Games revealed details on the Creation Suite for WWE 2K14 today. The following comes from GameInformer.com:
* New Superstar Heads allows the user to fully customize select WWE Superstars’ body and attire (including John Cena, CM Punk, Roddy Piper, Daniel Bryan and Undertaker) with the ability to set them as separate characters or alternate attires
Here is the updated card for WWE’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view:
WWE Hell in a Cell WWE Title Match:
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton (w/guest referee Shawn Michaels)
World Title Match:
Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena
WWE Hell in a Cell takes place on Sunday, October 27th, 2013 from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL.
Just to recap our earlier reports …………
- As noted, Mick Foley will be signing covers of the new WWE Comics at the New York City Comic Con this weekend. Papercutz has revealed variant covers for WWE #1, which you can see below. Regarding the story written by Foley, it’s a crime-meets-pro-wrestling tale set in Titan City, where John Cena has been framed for a crime he didn’t commit. CM Punk is a shadowy figure working...