Found December 17, 2012 on
The Camel Clutch Blog:
The WWE capped off its PPV year with arguably its best of 2012. Tables, Ladders, and Chairs 2012 will be remembered for two late candidates for Match of the Year and one of the most memorable in-ring WWE debuts in recent memory.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The man who came out with AJ Lee and attacked John Cena at the end of RAW is Big E. Langston.
Langston was one of the most over guys in NXT and is considered one of the top talents in the developmental system outside of The Shield.
Michael Cole referred to him by his developmental/NXT name of Big E. Langston. We reported several weeks ago that there was talk of more developmental...
-- Daniel Bryan is featured in today's "Superstar Spotlight" on WWE.com.
-- The Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam match from WWF Backlash 2002 is featured on this week's episode of WWE Vintage Collection and broadcaster Jim Ross' mention of Chris Benoit was not censored as it typically is on WWE programming reruns. Other bouts airing on the show include Lex...
- Dolph Ziggler is doing several TV and radio appearances in Philadelphia this morning.
- Tonight’s WWE RAW takes place from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and will feature the 2012 Slammy Awards, plus the fallout from TLC. Advertised locally is Dolph Ziggler and Big Show vs. John Cena and Sheamus.
- Sin Cara is reportedly working through a lot of issues with...
The wrestler that debuted on Monday’s episode of Raw with AJ Lee was NXT talent Big E. Langston, a former national powerlifting champion who was recruited and trained by WWE developmental.
Langston signed with the company in 2009 and was brought up to work several Smackdown house show loops earlier in the year.
- Dolph Ziggler commented on tonight’s WWE event from Wilkes-Barre.
“LIVE @WWE wilkes-barre TONITE on location, touring round the nation, dolph ziggler NEVER on vacation #NoSleepTilBrooklyn”
- John Cena also mentioned tonight’s card on his Twitter.
“steel horse headed to Wilkes Barre tonight before we roll into Brooklyn tomorrow @WWE see u there!”
- As a reminder, former...
- Former WWE star Nick “Eugene” Dinsmore turns 37 years old today.- Before she turned on John Cena last night, AJ Lee commented on winning the Slammy for Diva of the Year:“I won the Slammy for Diva of the Year!!! I’m so excited I can’t even make a snarky joke in this tweet. So happy. Thanks for voting guys.”- WWE officials were very happy with the crowd in Brooklyn for...
– In addition to appearing on RAW, new WWE NXT/developmental trainer Billy Gunn was also at the WWE TLC pay-per-view on Sunday night.
– Before WWE broadcast the live SmackDown, Alex Riley defeated Michael McGuillicuty in a dark match.
– Ricardo Rodriguez tweeted about his and Alberto Del Rio’s babyface turn, tweeting:
This whole ‘smiling’ thing is much trickier than I...
- John Cena commented on tonight’s Raw in Philadelphia, writing on Twitter, “Steel horse finally settles down in Philadelphia, for what is sure to be a very interesting #RAW”- Mick Foley discussed Wrestlemania 29 and the possibility of being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on The Sam Roberts Show. Footage is embedded below.- R-Truth, who fell to United States Champion Antonio...
- As noted earlier, Dolph Ziggler wrote on his Twitter, “studying ladder matches & killing it at the gym -somewhere @JohnCena studies a cue cards poorly crafted reference to my junk.”
Cena later replied writing, “Cmon @HeelZiggler u really think @jimmyfallon had cue cards?! 2 reasons why that’s ridiculous. 1) I can’t read. 2) that’s @TheRock gimmick!
WWE.com has twelve Slammy Award categories available for voting right now. The winners will be announced during the TLC pre-show.
Betrayal of the Year:
Daniel Bryan dumps AJ Lee
AJ walks out on Bryan
Eve Torres low-blows Zack Ryder
Big Show knocks John Cena out at Over the Limit
Upset of the Year:
Justin Gabriel defeats Antonio Cesaro
Dolph Ziggler wins Money in the Bank...
Here is the full list of Slammy Awards that were handed out during RAW:
Tell Me I Did Not Just See That (Most Shocking Moment):
Kofi Kingston walks on his hands to avoid Royal Rumble elimination
Comeback of the Year:
Jerry Lawler returns after suffering a heart attack
Kiss of the Year:
John Cena and A.J.
Superstar of the Year:
LOL Moment of the Year:
The Rock’s promo...
John Cena & Sheamus defeated The Big Show & Dolph Ziggler after RAW went off the air.
Speaking of the post-RAW main event, John Cena & Sheamus will take on Dolph Ziggler & Big Show in the main event of tomorrow's LIVE SmackDown broadcast.
The match after RAW was simply a "test run".
Shad Gaspard recently appeared on BDSIR’s PerfectPlex Radio’s Mike Knoxxx, Spotface, KME and Rivera to talk about a number of issues including his new reality show, his acting career, how the Rock beat him out of playing Roadblock, why Cryme Tyme broke up, why CTC didn’t last, and why he thinks Kofi Kingston should be a world champ. Here are the higlights:
On his new reality...
- Rap legend Rev Run from Run DMC was in the crowd sitting ringside with his family at Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view event from Brooklyn.
- Zack Ryder posted the following to Twitter about being left off the WWE TLC pay-per-view:
“TLC is tonight in New York’s @barclayscenter. Last year I won the US title at TLC. This year I got an e-mail saying that I was not needed.”
Listed below are the winners of the 2012 Slammy Awards as announced on this week’s WWE Raw.
Tell Me I Didn’t Just See That (Most Shocking Moment of the Year) – Kofi Kingston
Comeback of the Year – Jerry Lawler
Best Kiss of 2012 – AJ Lee & John Cena
Superstar of the Year – John Cena
Trending Now Hashtag of the Year – “Feed Me More!”
Newcomer of the Year – Ryback...