Found March 07, 2013 on
– As noted late last night here on the website, there has been a push within some circles in WWE to induct Paul Bearer into the WWE Hall of Fame this year since news of his passing broke Tuesday night. This appears highly unlikely at this point. He’ll likely be inducted during the next several years but not as part of this year’s class.
– The Oakland A’s outfielder Josh Reddick has accepted Daniel Bryan’s “beard off” challenge. You can read more about that development at this link.
– Zack Ryder sent the following tweet to Vince McMahon…
Hey @VinceMcMahon…what do you think of my new trunks? pic.twitter.com/2SybgvWCql
The new trunks say “Push Me!!!” If you’re interested, you can click here to view them. Wow.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- PWInsider reports that William Moody (Paul Bearer) had openly told several people that he hadn’t been feeling well for some time now. He recently pulled himself off of some of his regular bookings next month, citing not feeling well.
Bearer’s last tweets were on March 2nd. He reportedly passed away around 5pm PST this evening. He would have been 59 next month.
The Shining Wizards Podcast is featuring an interview with Rob Van Dam. Here are some highlights from the interview.
Training with the Original Sheik: He was there almost always, in fact he didn’t like us to train without his presence. Which we did once in a while, especially more once we reached a certain level, where we understood the basic fundamentals, and at a certain point...
According to WZROnline.com (WZR Radio) sources, William “Paul Bearer” Moody was openly telling people over the last few weeks that he hadn’t been feeling well. Moody recently pulled himself from several indy bookings and told promoters he hadn’t been feeling well.
As Matt Boone and I (Ryan Clark) noted on Tuesday night’s live edition of WZR Radio, Bearer sent out his last...
During an interview in January, Paul Bearer was asked what he initially thought about the Undertaker character. He bluntly stated that neither he nor the Undertaker himself believed that it was a gimmick that was going to last in WWE.
- WWE announced tragic news this evening:
Paul Bearer passes
WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.
Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans.
Wrestling Revealed is mentioned on From the Rafters Radio about the controversial Paul Bearer article that was banned by Bleacher Report. It starts at the 30:00 minute mark, but the entire show is worth listening to.
THE SHOW BEGINS AT 8:30EST!! YOU'LL HEAR MUSIC FROM 8:15EST UNTIL THE LIVE SHOW STARTS AT 8:30EST!!! STAY TUNED AND HIT THE PLAY BUTTON AT 8EST!!!
***IF THE STREAM DOESN'T PLAY AUTOMATICALLY, HIT THE MUTE BUTTON AND THEN UNMUTE IT! IT'LL WORK THEN!!***Watch live video from wzrradio123 on www.justin.tv
***IF THE STREAM DOESN'T PLAY AUTOMATICALLY, HIT THE MUTE...
It was just in February that longtime friends Paul Bearer and WWE commentator Jerry Lawler, who recently had his own brush with death while suffering a heart attack on Monday Night Raw, were hanging out together.
- Vince McMahon has yet to make his first tweet on Twitter but that didn't stop Zack Ryder from sending him a message:
"Hey @VinceMcMahon…what do you think of my new trunks?"
- Rey Mysterio's knee is reportedly in bad shape but Dr. James Andrews has told him he can continue to wrestle, without having surgery, but will have to wear the new brace that we noted...
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)
- Embedded below is a video WWE posted paying tribute to the late William “Paul Bearer” Moody.
- Bret Hart recently conducted a Q&A session with his fans on Facebook. Here are some highlights of the session.
His thoughts of TNA: “4/10″
A classic match that he would love to see as a rematch: “The Rock vs. John Cena”
Hardest part about being a pro wrestler: “The...
Dr. Tom Prichard published a blog on the death of William “Paul Bearer” Moody’s his website. Here is an excerpt.
“And now he’s gone. I have to admit I heard about Percy’s death Wednesday morning when my wife woke me up telling me it was all over Facebook. I couldn’t believe it. There’s no way! He’s too important to too many people. This can’t be happening! All...
-- WWE has posted an interview where Michael Hayes, discussing the death of Paul Bearer. You can check that out at this link
-- The LaCrosse Tribune has an article up, discussing a local dancer working with Fandango at Saturday's SmackDown house show in LaCrosse, WI. You can read that here.
-- Justin Roberts noted on his Twitter account that he was doing voiceovers for...
- Stephanie McMahon tweeted the following line from Vince:“”You can’t be traditional in a non traditional world” – Vince McMahon in a meeting yesterday re: embracing digital culture in business”- WWE Champion The Rock has now agreed to work a number of post-WrestleMania dates for WWE, including the May 19th Extreme Rules pay-per-view in St. Louis.- After the recent troubles...