Found February 21, 2013 on
WWE want Arnold Schwarzenegger to induct Bruno:
Bruno Sammartino recently revealed that WWE want a say in who inducts him in to the Hall of Fame. It’s now believed the front runner is Sammartino’s close friend Arnold Schwarzenegger. The pair have known each other since late 60s when they used to work out together in New York and California.
Sammartino also sat on the judge’s panel for one of Arnold’s Mr. Olympia wins.
Bruno has suggested Dominic Denucci, Ivan Koloff, Bill Watts and Larry Zbyszko, but admitted the company were looking for “someone who is worldly known.”
Donald Trump in celebrity wing?:
WWE have several celebrities in mind to be inducted in to the celebrity wing of the Hall of Fame this year. Donald Trump is leading the list, obviously having appeared several times for the company including at Wrestlemania in the “Battle of the Billionaires”, and being from New York. They are also looking at Cyndi Lauper.
Mr T is always in the back of their mind, but he turned them down several years ago after learning that Pete Rose was inducted before him.
Despite PG kids not watching WWE:
Despite WWE’s PG policy of tailoring the product and its marketing towards children, statistically less children are watching than before the policy began.
According to the Wrestling Observer only 21% of WWE’s US audience is under the age of 18.
During the Attitude Era when the product was aimed at older teenagers and adults, children made up 40% of the audience, with 4.5 million kids under 18 watching each week.
It seems older kids and teenagers know when they’re being pandered to and prefer a more adult orientated product.
[Editor's Note: As a child that watched during the attitude era, in my opinion one of the reasons I tuned in was because it had a cool/naughty factor and I knew I wasn't supposed to be watching it. I believe WWE know they could draw a larger audience by putting out an edgier product, they just choose not to for political reasons. Children will always watch it, even more so if its "cool", but unless their bottom line takes a massive hit, they'll continue going the safe route.
I also know that if I had the choice between Steve Austin and John Cena, no matter what age I'd be choosing Austin. This brings me to another point. The product can still be PG but not aimed at children specifically. WCW was never an adult rated show but still pulled off angles like the NWO. I think with the Jack Swagger angle WWE are starting to test the waters with more adult themes, without necessarily cussing and getting out the puppies.]
NXT tag champ injured:
Oliver Grey, co-holder of the NXT Tag Championships sustained a knee injury at last Sunday’s NXT live event in Brooksville, Florida.
Grey and his partner Adrian Neville are known as British Ambition, and are already being likened to a modern British Bulldogs; Neville the innovative high-flyer and Grey the bulky technical wrestler.
The duo were crowned the first NXT tag champs after winning a tournament on the weekly TV show. Their victory aired last week.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
- With WWE working on several projects for Bruno Sammartino this year, the 2013 Hall of Famer is expected to be a playable character in the new WWE 2K14 video game, in an attempt to draw in older video game players.
- WWE’s top choice to induct Bruno into the Hall of Fame this year is Arnold Schwarzenegger. Bruno and Arnold have been friends for over 40 years, when they worked...
- Promoting his latest movie The Package, which was released on DVD and Blu-ray on Tuesday, WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin was asked about the status of Tough Enough.
“I think that window is closed,” remarked Austin. He also added that WWE “dropped the ball with Tough Enough.”
The audio interview is available at KISW.com.
- On April 26, 1976, Bruno Sammartino...
WWE has yet to announce this year's celebrity inductee to the wrestling company's hall of fame. This year's ceremony takes place at Madison Square Garden in New York City, so it makes sense that the rumored inductees would be either Cyndi Lauper or Donald Trump.
The Wrestling Observer reported (subscription required) that the Donald was likely going to be the chosen...
- The 2013 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony has sold out on Ticketmaster. No tickets are left but more are expected to be released as production for the event finalizes.
- WWE is paying their Hall of Famers $5,000 and their inductors $2,500.
- Cyndi Lauper is said to be under consideration for induction into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame.
Lauper’s induction obviously wouldn’t happen if...
Credit – F4WOnline
Cyndi Lauper is said to be under consideration for induction into the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame.
Lauper’s induction obviously wouldn’t happen if another celebrity discussed gets inducted this year – Donald Trump. At one point, Trump was scheduled to be announced for this year’s Hall of Fame on the February 18th RAW but obviously that didn’t happen.
- 2013 WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino is indeed scheduled to appear at this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony, the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view and RAW the next night.
- The dark main event after last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Biloxi, MS saw Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show in a Street Fight. Del Rio put Show through a table to get the pin.
- WWE is receiving more criticism...
- 2013 WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino is indeed scheduled to appear at this year's Hall of Fame ceremony, the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view and RAW the next night.
- The dark main event after last night's WWE SmackDown tapings in Biloxi, MS saw Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show in a Street Fight. Del Rio put Show through a table to get the pin.
- WWE is receiving more criticism...
The 2013 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony has sold out. As we know, Bruno Sammartino, Trish Stratus, Mick Foley and Bob Backlund have already been announced as inductees; Kamala and Ivan Koloff have also been potentially discussed for this year. The ceremony takes place on April 6th.
It is likely that more tickets will be released once production and seating for the event is finalized.
- 2013 WWE Hall of Famer Bruno Sammartino is indeed scheduled to appear at this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony, the WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view and RAW the next night.- The dark main event after last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Biloxi, MS saw Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show in a Street Fight. Del Rio put Show through a table to get the pin.- WWE is receiving more criticism...
The USA Network has announced that they will be airing the 2013 WWE Hall Of Fame Ceremony on Tuesday, April 9th. The episode will air at 10pm and is currently slated to run an hour long.
WWE does not air all of the acceptance speeches and and tend to cut people from the show. Of course, Bruno Sammartino and Mick Foley are locks to be shown. Trish Stratus is likely to be on...