6'3" 205 lbs (Light Heavyweight)
77" reach, Orthodox
July 1, 1978
18-7 (UFC: 9-5)
1 straight loss
Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion: 2008 (no successful title defenses)
- aggressive brawler
- lands a lot of strikes
- very good ground game & submissions
- has never lost via submission in his career
- good at mixing up his striking (punches,kicks,etc)
- tons of heart
- great cardio
- grinds out wins
- appears to be nearing the end of his career
- motivation/desire to be great seems to have waned
- susceptible to (T)KOs
- can get caught up in crazy brawling
- not a very accurate striker
- poor takedowns & takedown defense success rates
- doesn't finish fights
- lacks KO power
Is the end of Forrest Griffin's MMA career imminent? At the very least, his time as a top light heavyweight appear to be.
All Sports News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?