Found November 07, 2012 on
New York Yankees
San Francisco Giants
Boston Red Sox
Los Angeles Angels
Just to stoke the fire a bit…
Baseball Winter Meetings are Dec 3rd – 6th in Nashville this year.
The potential free agents are all over the board, here’s what I’m finding:
- 2 guys from CBSSports think that Josh Hamilton will be a Tiger. 1 guy from DTW thinks that this is ridiculous. Josh Hamilton is a drain on the clubhouse and the franchise in general. I don’t think the Rangers are even going to tender him an offer. He’s got more off the field problems than the cast of Broke, and over the past 6 years he’s averaged 1/4 of the season on the DL. Please, please, please, no Josh Hamilton.
- Jim Bowden listed the Tigers as potential matches for Nick Swisher, Angel Pagan, Cody Ross, Torii Hunter and Melky Cabrera. I like Hunter of the bunch, but I think he’ll get overpaid by the Rangers (he lives in the area) or Yankees, and I’d prefer that the Tigers overpay for someone who wasn’t born when “Superstition” was #1 on the charts.
- Prediction: Bondo will get a spring training invite and re-invent himself as a short reliever specialist.
- MLive’s Chris Iott did a nice job breaking down the Tigers’ bullpen today, though he didn’t take a position on the 2013 closer. That will definitely be a big story, possibly through spring training if they want to give Rondon a shot.
- I’ve read that Sanchez is looking at 4 years in the $50M – $55M range. Check out this saber slanted post.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
NOT JOSHING YOU
According to reports, free agent slugger Josh Hamilton is looking for a 7-year, $175 million deal.
The Baltimore Orioles have expressed interest in free agent
outfielders Josh Hamilton and Cody Ross, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports.
Hamilton is on the Orioles’
list of targets for left field, according to a source with knowledge of the
Baltimore has an opening in left field, as Nate McLouth
became a free agent at the end...
Josh Hamilton has a lot going for him. He’s a former MVP, a
five-time All Star and the big fish in this year's free agency pond.
his numbers might suggest that he's worth the seven-year, $175 million contract
that he reportedly is seeking, there will always be more to it than that for
Hamilton's well-documented personal issues will play a role...
Money will be an issue for the Milwaukee Brewers this
offseason, making them a long shot to sign free agent outfielder Josh Hamilton,
reports Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.
no surprise, $ an issue for milw. asked if they're a long shot for hamilton, melvin said "very." hope may be market, narron
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) November 6, 2012
Mariners pursuing big bat
The Mariners’ offseason has been abuzz this week. First they extended starter Hisashi Iwakuma, and then they resigned reliever Oliver Perez.
Now it’s being reported by CBS’ Jon Heyman that Seattle is in play for the services of slugger Josh Hamilton. Hamilton is arguably the best bat on the free agent market.
This is another aggressive move by the...
In a survey conducted by ESPN's Jerry Crasnick, 4.5% of twenty-two baseball people believe that the Phillies will attempt to and successfully acquire free-agent outfielder Josh Hamilton.
If you don't feel like doing the math, 4.5% of twenty-two equals one. Crasnick conducted his survey to twenty-two general managers, assistant GMs, advisers, scouting directors and talent...
Of all the free agents this off-season, maybe Josh Hamilton is the most intriguing. He’s won an AL MVP, and been a powerhouse. He’s been on MLB’s restricted list for drug use, landed on the DL often, and was lackluster in the second half of 2012. Which Hamilton you’re going to get is where the debate starts.
Today on Baseball Prospectus, I look into how Hamilton would sit...
Ben and Sam discuss whether Josh Hamilton could end up signing a reasonable contract after all and talk about whether the Yankees can commit to and compete despite their goal to get under the luxury tax threshold by 2014.
Nolan Ryan says he doesn't have a gut feeling on whether Josh Hamilton will return to the Texas Rangers next season.
Ryan said Wednesday it's hard to have a feel not knowing what the market will be for the slugger. The Rangers president believes everybody will have a better idea after this week's GM meetings.
The Rangers made a $13.3 million qualifying offer last week...
My message to the Texas Rangers when they lose Josh Hamilton will be the same as it was to the St. Louis Cardinals when they lost Albert Pujols.
Happy Independence Day.
Nothing against Hamilton and Pujols -- both are incredible talents. But just as the Cardinals were better off avoiding a mega-deal for Pujols, the Rangers will be better off avoiding one for Hamilton.
Mark Elfenbein, from 105.3 FM in Dallas, joins Fox Sports Tonight to talk about the Cowboys and Josh Hamilton's free agency situation.
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. -- My message to the Texas Rangers when they lose Josh Hamilton will be the same as it was to the St. Louis Cardinals when they lost Albert Pujols.
Happy Independence Day.
Nothing against Hamilton and Pujols both are incredible talents. But just as the Cardinals were better off avoiding a mega-deal for Pujols, the Rangers will be better off avoiding one for...
DETROIT -- What big game would you hunt if you were Dave Dombrowski?
Tigers fans love to speculate on the moves their general manager should make to finally win a World Series. With that pursuit in mind, here are three names to consider: Josh Hamilton, Torii Hunter and Ryan Madson.
The Hamilton possibility took on life when a pair of CBSSports.com writers picked the Tigers to sign...
Baseball’s biggest spenders may be relatively quiet this winter, at least when it comes to big-name, big-money free agents.
The New York Post reports that the Yankees aren’t likely to be in on Josh Hamilton or Zack Greinke, the two biggest names in free agency this offseason. If New York does splurge on a big contract, the Post reports, it will be on a contract extension for...