Found January 31, 2012 on The Daily Sports Herald:
Victor-ortiz-jeffrey-resto
Boxing's 2011 Fight of the Year did not include the likes of Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao, or Sergio Martinez, but instead involved two rising welterweights in Andre Berto and Victor Ortiz. The fight featured multiple knockdowns and momentum swings, with both fighters displaying great heart. Fortunately, these two talented young lions will have at it again on February 11th, with the winner potentially in-line for a shot at either Pacquiao or Mayweather. As a lead-up to the bout, Showtime will be airing its Fight Camp 360 series on the fighters. Here is a preview of the first episode: By Staff of The Daily Sports Herald
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
RELATED ARTICLES

Ortiz vs. Berto II Fight Camp 360 Video Previews

In less than two weeks, we'll all finally get to see the highly anticipated rematch between Victor Ortiz and Andre Berto. Ortiz vs. Berto II will be televised on Showtime, as opposed to the first bout, the 2011 Fight of the Year, which was shown on HBO. Right here, you can watch several different video previews and promos for the fight, brought to you by the behind the scenes...

Ortiz-Berto rematch postponed due to injury

It appears as if the boxing community will have to wait a little longer for Showtime’s first “big” fight of the year. The highly anticipated rematch between welterweights Victor Ortiz (29-3, 22 KOs) and Andre Berto (28-1, 22 KOs) that was scheduled for Feb. 11th has been postponed due to a left biceps injury suffered [...]

Ortiz vs. Berto II CANCELLED Due to Berto Injury

Berto Arm Injury Forces Cancellation of Rematch Against Victor Ortiz; Postponement Dates Being Discussed as Possibility Due to a left biceps injury sustained while training on Monday, January 30, Andre Berto will be unable to compete in his scheduled February 11 Showtime televised bout against Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev., forcing a cancellation...

Andre Berto vs. Victor Ortiz 2: Berto training camp highlight video

Last week, former WBC and IBF welterweight champion Andre Berto held a open media workout in preparation for his highly anticipated rematch with Victor Ortiz. We put together this boxing highlight reel of the very best of his workout as he hit the mitts, pummeled the bag and showcased his skills as we look towards [...]

Sources: Berto hurt, fight vs. Ortiz in jeopardy

Andre Berto suffered an arm injury on Monday training for his Feb. 11 rematch with fellow former welterweight titlist Victor Ortiz, putting the fight in jeopardy, two sources involved in the fight said.

Jose Miguel Aguiniga Takes Two

The early aughts saw champions-in-the-making Victor Ortiz, Steven Luevano, and Brandon Rios all begin their ascent up the pro ranks, yet it was fellow southern Californian Jose Miguel Aguiniga who many experts predicted would first reach the peak. In boxing, a fighter is not always the sum of his physical parts. Such was the case of Aguiniga. Though he ran his record to an impressive...

Berto Injured; Ortiz Fight Postponed

Andre Berto suffered a ruptured left biceps while training yesterday. The injury will require surgery and forced the indefinite postponement of his rematch with Victor Ortiz, which had been scheduled for February 11 in Las Vegas. The entire card, which was also slated to include Erislandy Lara vs. Ronald Hearns and Gary Russell Jr. vs. Dat Nguyen, has been canceled....Read Full Post

Mayweather bashes Pacquiao again

Floyd Mayweather Jr. says Manny Pacquiao is ''not one of the sharpest knives in the drawer'' and claims he won't face him unless his opponent agrees to take less than half the money. Speaking at a news conference Tuesday at the Apollo Theater to promote his May 5 bout against Miguel Cotto for the WBA Super Welterweight title, Mayweather said of Pacquiao: '...

The Boxing World Will Have to Wait. Again.

The rumors swirled and the hype was built. Then nothing happened, again. Instead of the highly anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, fans will have to settle for Mayweather v. Cotto May 5 in Las Vegas. I, for one, think this is getting a little ridiculous. These guys have an opportunity to be involved in what would go down as one of the biggest fights EVER...

Mayweather won’t fight Pacquiao, laughably takes no blame

Floyd Mayweather announced today he will move up in weight to fight Miguel Cotto on May 5 in Las Vegas. Yes, against Miguel Cotto. Not Manny Pacquiao. The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday cleared the undefeated boxer for a May bout, but the Mayweather-Pacquiao saga took yet another diversion when Mayweather made the following announcement on Twitter: I’m fighting Miguel...

Mayweather announces fight with Cotto

With a blockbuster showdown against Manny Pacquiao ruled out, Floyd Mayweather Jr. will put his undefeated record on the line against Miguel Cotto. "I'm fighting Miguel Cotto on May 5 because Miss Pac Man is ducking me," said Mayweather in his latest Twitter taunt of the Filipino superstar. Mayweather agreed months ago to fight May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas...
Boxing News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.