Illinois - Sophomore (Born 1992)
- NBA size, strength
- 7'3" wingspan
- athletic and agile for a big man
- still young - plenty of upside
- great shotblocker/defender
- good footspeed on offense & defense
- can really explode off the floor - good vertical
- game and body has improved rapidly year by year
- international experience playing for the U.S. U-19 Team
- offensive game is still underdeveloped
- extremely inconsistent
- very emotional player
- inexperienced - barely played his freshman year at Illinois
- will probably be a project his first few years in the league
Jason Smith, poor man's Tyson Chandler
They say you can't teach height, so 7'1" Meyers Leonard has a very valuable commodity. But Leonard is more than just a tall guy - he is athletic, strong and has plenty of potential. With the way he has been improving rapidly every year, he could be a real steal of the draft.
For more NBA draft player profiles, visit our 2012 NBA Draft Consensus Mock Draft
College Basketball News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?