Found June 13, 2012 on
Despite earlier reports, University of Michigan officials confirmed that Jon Horford will not continue on with the Dominican National team. More from Nick Baumgardner:
Current Michigan forward Jon Horford was also originally listed on the 15-man roster, but will not be a member of the team as it attempts to qualify for the Olympics, according to a Michigan spokesman.
Horford practiced with the team, but the spokesman said to his knowledge, the 6-foot-10 forward will not move forward with the group.
Jon has been working out with the Dominican National team throughout camp but not with the intention of joining the squad for Olympic qualifying when the squad is reduced to 12 members.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Michigan is ranked 2nd in ESPN’s updated 2013 recruiting rankings, trailing only North Carolina. Derrick Walton, Zak Irvin and Mark Donnal are all ranked in ESPN’s Top 100:
The Wolverines are not an upper-echelon, battle-with-the-blue-bloods-type of Big Ten power, but what John Beilein does — maybe as well as anyone — is identifyplayers for his specific program. That means...
June 15th has emerged as one of the primary dates on the Michigan basketball recruiting calendar. Many simply refer to it as “offer day” as it’s the first day that John Beilein will extend scholarship offers to prospects that have wrapped up their sophomore year of high school. Beilein’s offer policy is based on a choice to follow an NABC guideline, or request, but there...
Michigan center Jon Horford made the cut for John Calipari’s 15-man Dominican Republic National team.
Horford’s brother Al, of the Atlanta Hawks, made the cut as did former Michigan center Josh Asselin and 2015 prospect Karl Towns Jr.. Detroit Piston big man Charlie Villanueva was not as lucky, being cut for fitness issues.
The Dominican National team will open up a two...
Michigan Wolverines football coach Brady Hoke hasn’t set a “new” tone in Ann Arbor, but he’s re-establishing a familiar culture. Despite his first year’s success, notching an 11-2 record and winning the BCS Sugar Bowl, Hoke still has something to prove as his Wolverines make their way into the 2012 season. Last year’s 35-31 thrilling [...]
Michigan coach Brady Hoke says one of his players will wear former President Gerald Ford's No. 48 this season.
Ford's No. 48 is one of five jerseys that were been retired by college football's winningest program. It was put out of circulation in 1994. Ford was Michigan's MVP during his three-year playing career from 1932-34.
Hoke made the announcement Tuesday on...
The #48 jersey has been retired at Michigan since 1994. The jersey will once again be worn by a Michigan Football player in 2012. Brady Hoke confirmed this during a radio interview with WJOX-FM in Birmingham, Alabama. ”That is something we’re doing a lot of thinking about and we’re doing that, we’re honoring Desmond Howard now every year with one of our players...
Kramer, Ford and Oosterbaan.
Word spread quickly earlier today that former US President and UM football player Gerald Ford would be honored as a Michigan Football "Legend" at some point during the 2012 football season. Ford's #48 is currently one of five numbers currently retired by the program. Upon becoming a "Legend", Ford's number would go back...