Found February 08, 2013 on
Run the Floor:
1. After the loss NC State is now 5-5 in the ACC. Both the coaches and the media picked NC State to finish No. 1 in the conference. Run the Floor politely disagreed. The good news for State fans is that the Wolfpack have played the third toughest conference schedule according to Pomeroy, and they don't play Duke, Miami or Virginia the rest of the way.
2. Depth has been an issue all year with NCSU. Versus Duke seven players played, but Jordan Vandenberg only played 2 minutes. Tyler Lewis played 39 minutes, after playing 36 on Saturday.
3. Mason Plumlee had 30 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Plumlee set his career high with 32 points vs Wake Forest last Wednesday, and this was his 2nd career game with 30 or more. He also made 12-16 free throws, and is 20 for his last 26 (77%).
4. Duke made 10-17 3s in the first half. In their last game (vs Florida State) they made 11-18 in the game. So over three halves of basketball Duke made 21-35 3s (60%). The three halves which sandwiched this streak included 2-14 shooting in the Wake game, and 0-7 in the 2nd half of this game, for a combined 2-21 (9.5%).
5. Duke scored 98 points in 70 possessions. The 1.40 points per possession was not only their high for the season, but their highest since scoring 1.43 vs Western Michigan in December, 2011. The last time NCSU gave up that much was in Decemeber 2010, when Wisconsin scored 1.43 ppp.
BEST OF MAXIM
Mason Plumlee scored 30 points on just 11 shots as Duke beat NC State by 13 in Cameron on Thursday night.
Big leads haven't been entirely safe when Duke and North Carolina State get together at Cameron Indoor Stadium. So even as the Blue Devils went up by 21 points, Mason Plumlee knew the Wolfpack would rally somehow.
''They're too good not to,'' Plumlee said.
And No. 4 Duke was too good to let its lead slip away.
Plumlee scored 30 points in the Blue Devils...
While there is basically radio silence coming from Duke on the nature of Ryan Kelly’s injury, his progress in recovering from it and a timetable for his return, there are bits of news coming out of interviews and media appearances by his teammates and coaches. Some of this is stretching it a bit, but with no actual news it’s all we have to go on.
Mason Plumlee used the word when...
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- Mason Plumlee scored 30 points and No. 4 Duke held on to beat North Carolina State 98-85 on Thursday night.
Seth Curry added 26 points and Quinn Cook had 21 for the Blue Devils (20-2, 7-2 Atlantic Coast Conference).
They never trailed, shot 53.8 percent from the field, led by 21 points and held off a Wolfpack rally to claim their fourth straight win.
DURHAM, N.C. -- Big leads haven't been entirely safe when Duke and North Carolina State get together at Cameron Indoor Stadium. So even as the Blue Devils went up by 21 points, Mason Plumlee knew the Wolfpack would rally somehow.
The much billed rematch looked more like a mismatch at least for three quarters of the game, before NC State used a sizzling second half shooting performance to make it a much closer contest.
Mason Plumlee scored 30 points as Duke got revenge on NC State.
In the end the Blue Devils held on to win 98-85 and get a level of revenge after the first meeting resulted in the Blue Devils’...