Found November 11, 2012 on
1. Alabama State was held to 12-56 shooting, including 8-36 (22.2%) on twos and 4-20 (20%) on threes. For the game they scored 35 points. The last time the Gators held anyone below 40 was against Presbyterian in 2009.
2. Senior Kenny Boynton is the only junior or senior player left in college who was a consensus top-10 recruit. So it's fair to expect a big season. After the Gators first game was canceled due to inclement weather, Boynton got his season off to a good start with 22 points, including 4-4 from beyond the arc. He also added 6 boards, 5 assists, and did not commit a turnover.
3. Highly regarded freshman Michael Frazier, known as a knock down shooter, did not begin his season the same way that his elder Kenny Boynton did. Frazier took six 3-pointers, and failed to make a single one. Those were his only field goal attempts for the game.
4. The Gators committed a total of eight fouls. Only one player committed more than one.
5. Alabama State is a terrible team. ...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
After opening the season with a pair of blowout losses, Alabama State coach Lewis Jackson hopes his players will learn what it takes to tangle with the best teams in the NCAA.
The Hornets fell 84-35 to No. 10 Florida on Sunday in a game that was lopsided from the opening minutes.
The Gators were up 47-9 at halftime in their delayed opener and led by as many as 57 points.
Kenny Boynton scored 22 points and No. 10 Florida cruised past Alabama State 84-35 on Sunday in a late opener for the Gators.
Florida was supposed to begin the season Friday against Georgetown aboard the USS Bataan, but the game was canceled at halftime because there was moisture on the court.
The Gators led Alabama State 47-9 at halftime, the fewest points Florida has allowed...
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Back on the court for a full 40 minutes, 10th-ranked Florida got off to a fast start.
Kenny Boynton scored 22 points and the Gators cruised past Alabama State 84-35 on Sunday in their delayed opener.
Florida was supposed to begin the season Friday against Georgetown aboard the USS Bataan, but the game was canceled at halftime because there was moisture...
Despite, the 2012 Navy-Marine Corps Classic between No. 10 Florida and Georgetown being called after the Gators led at half 27-23 due the condensation, Gator players said they enjoyed and appreciated the experience.
Gator forward Erik Murphy said the game was called because officials felt it was unsafe.
“They’re probably right (to cancel the second half),” Murphy said immediately...
On Friday night, the Florida Gators men’s basketball team played half of a game against the Georgetown Hoyas on an aircraft carrier. The court–temporarily housed on the USS Bataan–became unworthy for use and both teams decided it was in their best interests to call the game at the half. That can happen when you play outside on a court meant to be used inside. You generally...