1. Alabama State was held to 12-56 shooting, including 8-36 (22.2%) on twos and 4-20 (20%) on threes. For the game they scored 35 points. The last time the Gators held anyone below 40 was against Presbyterian in 2009.
2. Senior Kenny Boynton is the only junior or senior player left in college who was a consensus top-10 recruit. So it's fair to expect a big season. After the Gators first game was canceled due to inclement weather, Boynton got his season off to a good start with 22 points, including 4-4 from beyond the arc. He also added 6 boards, 5 assists, and did not commit a turnover.
3. Highly regarded freshman Michael Frazier, known as a knock down shooter, did not begin his season the same way that his elder Kenny Boynton did. Frazier took six 3-pointers, and failed to make a single one. Those were his only field goal attempts for the game.
4. The Gators committed a total of eight fouls. Only one player committed more than one.
5. Alabama State is a terrible team. ...