Follow Aaron on Twitter @Aaron_Torres.
It’s a relatively quiet weekend in college football, well, except out in California, where one of the great underrated rivalries will be played between UCLA and USC. And this year, it’s about more than just pride in Los Angeles: That's right, a Pac-12 South title will be on the line.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box belowTo download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click hereTo subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click hereTo listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
And as I do before every big USC game, I had to have my buddy Pedro Moura of ESPN LA on to discuss all the comings and goings around the Trojans program. No one knows this team better than Pedro and earlier this week, we discussed the following:
- The irony around last year’s 50-0 USC win. For UCLA it seems like it was the best thing to ever happen to them, and for USC, you could argue it was quite possibly the worst.
- What’s the matter with Matt Barkley this year? He hasn’t seemed like himself, but should we be surprised? Pedro also explains how a disappointing senior year of HIGH SCHOOL for Barkley should’ve raised some white flags heading into this senior year of college.
- With Barkley struggling, Marqise Lee is playing as well as any wide receiver in college football. Also, Pedro and I discuss how and why a true sophomore has become a leader on a team full of seniors.
- What’s going on with this USC defense? They spent two years building a unit to beat the spread offenses of college football, only they look worse than ever now. More importantly, if UCLA beats USC would Monte Kiffin be forced out as coordinator?
- In the same vein, what happens with Lane Kiffin? He doesn’t seem to be on the hot seat, but could losses to UCLA and Notre Dame put him there? Pedro says no and explains why here.
- Finally, Pedro gives his prediction on the game.
Folks, Pedro Moura knows the Los Angeles football scene better than anyone, and if you plan on watching USC-UCLA this weekend, than this episode of the show is a must listen. Nobody shares the insight and analysis quite like Pedro does.
Now remember, if you can’t listen to the podcast here or now, there are still a number of ways you can access it.
You can always download it straight from iTunes by clicking here or by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
Also for updates on the show, my writing and much more, be sure to follow on Twitter @Aaron_Torres and Facebook.
And for weekly updates on all my podcasts, articles, giveaways and more you can now sign up for the Aaron Torres Sports weekly newsletter, just by entering your e-mail where it says “Aaron Torres Sports Mailing List” or e-mail at ATorres00@gmail.com.
Finally I want to thank Pedro for his time, and encourage you to follow him on Twitter @PedroMoura. And of course, I want to thank you for taking the time to listen to the show.
Until next time…