After last week’s scare LSU gave Alabama in the Tide’s last minute 21-17 victory, the Crimson Tide which looked invincible, now seem to have some holes in the armor. The question is now, how will they play after this awakening?
Later today we will find out what Alabama team came to play as they line up in the game of the week vs. a red hot QB in Johnny Manziel and the Aggies of Texas A&M. See the prediction below
As tough as Manziel can and will be for the Tide, the bigger concern could still be down the road in the form of a Duck. This Duck is Oregon RB Kenjon Barner, whose amazing effort in their victory over USC could do the job, if Manziel doesn’t today. This will be story for another day
Here is this week’s look at the Top 10:
1. Alabama (9-0) – The Tide survived LSU, now they get Johnny Football and the Aggies. See game of the week below.
2. Oregon (9-0) – The Ducks got through USC with an offensive assault 63-51. Now they get California. The Ducks are not going to let down or get off the gas pedal as they win by 35.
3. Kansas State (9-0) – Good news they beat Oklahoma State, bad news Heisman front runner QB Colin Klein went down with an undisclosed injury (thought to be a concussion). Possible worse news is playing away against a very difficult TCU team without Klein. I see him playing and Wildcats win a close one by 13.
4. Notre Dame (9-0) – The Irish were about four feet from a missed field from losing the perfect record to a team they should have beat up worse than Oklahoma, but they survived. This week they get a weaker foe in Boston College, who they should beat by 45. Just hope the ghosts of 1993 and 2002 when a top 5 team lost. No worries this year as Irish win comfortably.
5. Ohio State (10-0) – The Buckeyes beat up the Illini last week and now they get their next to last game of the season, last on the road against a rejuvenated Wisconsin team next week.
6. Florida State (9-1) – The Seminoles passed their way past Virginia Tech Thursday on a last minute 39 yard touchdown pass by QB EJ Manuel to Rashad Greene. Fla. State wins 28-22
7. Georgia (8-1) – The Bulldogs look to wrap up the SEC West after defeating Ole Miss last week 37-10, with a victory over Auburn. Georgia wraps it up and puts the final nail in Auburn coach Gene Chizik job.
8. Florida (8-1) – Florida needs a Auburn miracle to win the SEC West. The will have no problem with LA-Lafayette as they win by 30 and watch the TV and root on Auburn
9. Louisville (9-0) – The Cardinals travel to Syracuse to play a Orange team that lost 5 games by a total of 40 points where they were overmatched. QB Teddy Bridegwater had better be on his toes or they could be a game, like USC QB Matt Barkley was. Cardinals win by 10
10. LSU (7-2) – LSU lost their game of the year, and now can only win their games and wait for the Jan 1 Bowl game. Any shot at the title is gone. Possible upset alert with Mississippi State going to Death Valley. LSU wins it late.
1. Kansas State QB Colin Klein
16 for 25 for 245 yards, and 17 rushes for 64 yards and a touchdown. He left early 3rd quarter with an undisclosed injury. If he does not play vs. TCU, if could cost him the trophy.
2. Oregon RB Kenyon Barner
38 carries for 321 yards and 5 touchdowns. This put him in the hunt
3. QB AJ McCarron
Pedestrian 14 completions out of 27 attempts for 165 yards and a touchdown, and also a rushing touchdown. The comeback keeps him on this list for now.
Game of the Week
#15 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama – Saturday 3:30pm, November 10, 2012 at Bryant Denny Stadium.
The Tide got the scare of the year, after QB AJ McCarron, who could not move the Crimson in the second half, to bring them back for a victory over a disappointed LSU team 21-17 in Death Valley. Now they play an Aggie team who dismantled Mississippi State 38-13 as Aggie QB Johnny Manziel threw and ran past the Bulldogs.
Manziel who threw for 311 yards and ran for another 129 yards and 2 touchdowns could exploit what LSU did to the Tide when the Tigers threw for almost 300 yards and 435 total yards. If Manziel can duplicate his effort over Mississippi State, an upset could happen, but as the Tigers found out when they thought they had defeated the Crimson Tide, that was until the unflappable QB McCarron came back and won the game with a pinpoint drive in short order.
The scare the Tide experienced was the worst thing for other teams in their way. Sorry Aggies, but the Tigers woke a sleeping giant and you are the first in their way.
Prediction: Alabama wakes up from scare and wins huge 42-17