Ecclestone: Brazil will remain on F1 calendar

Associated Press  |  Last updated April 19, 2013
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone insists the Brazilian Grand Prix will remain at Interlagos, saying he has received assurances from the mayor of Sao Paulo that long-demanded upgrades to the circuit will take place. Ecclestone, in Sakhir for the Bahrain GP, also says F1 is ''talking to quite a few countries'' about being added to the calendar. Among them are Thailand, Mexico and Turkey. Ecclestone says it is worth examining Bahrain's request to return to the season-opening slot, which returned to Australia when the Bahrain race was cancelled in 2011. Ecclestone also reaffirmed his opposition to the turbocharged 1.6-liter V6 engines from 2014, which will replace the 2.4-liter V8s. He says he's concerned the switch would prompt a ''fuel economy run.''
GET THE YARDBARKER APP:
Ios_download En_app_rgb_wo_45
MORE FROM YARDBARKER

Manu Ginobili talks interest in 76ers before sticking with Spurs

Report: Elliott told police ex's injuries were from bar fight

Lakers reportedly have ‘unnamed trade target in mind

Report: Rodman a 'person of interest' in hit-and-run

Draymond Green reaches plea deal in assault case

LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
GET THE DAILY NEWSLETTER:

Evander Kane arrested after turning himself in

Former NFL coach Dennis Green passes away

Michael Vick says he would only sign with contender

Report: Le’Veon Bell facing suspension for missed drug test

Derrick Rose: Knicks are one of NBA’s super-teams

Drew Pomeranz learned of trade to Red Sox on TV

British Open collapse site still haunting Jean Van De Velde

Packers opening a concession stand dedicated to bacon

WWE draft: Profiling the six NXT draft picks

Yankees nowhere closer to being buyers or sellers than last week

Retired Brad Richards will be paid by Rangers until 2025-26

Nets’ Luis Scola isn’t fan of New York rental prices

One Gotta Go: NBA players hate Facebook too

Girardi unimpressed with MLB pitching restriction proposal

Curry ‘disappointed’ that All-Star game moved from Charlotte

David Ortiz's odds of being American League MVP

Carmelo Anthony blasts WNBA over fining of players

Five biggest free agent busts thus far in 2016 MLB season

Formula One News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

By clicking "Sign Me Up", you have read and agreed to the Fox Sports Digital Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can opt out at any time. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.
the YARDBARKER app
Get it now!
Ios_download En_app_rgb_wo_45

One Gotta Go: NBA players hate Facebook too

QUIZ: Name every city to host the NBA All-Star Game

One Gotta Go: NBA players settle the fast food beef

One Gotta Go: NBA players make tough choices on their favorite rappers

One Gotta Go: NBA Summer League is not about that Game of Thrones life

The top NHL free agents available as offseason winds down

WATCH: NBA jersey sponsors that need to happen

Expansion draft playing heavy hand in the current NHL offseason

WATCH: Pop & Timmy have a guys' night out

Tim Duncan's lasting impact beyond 'The Big Fundamental'

Today's Best Stuff
For Publishers
Company Info
Help
Follow Yardbarker