The Factor12 Rating (F12) is an analytic measurement utilizing league average performance to compare the value of all MLB pitchers.
(1) Justin Verlander clings to the number one position following his latest outing against the Texas Rangers. The 2011 AL Cy Young / MVP leads MLB with a 31.421 F12 Rating.
(2) Felix Hernandez is the only reason to attend a Seattle Mariners game this year. The right-hander fired the 23rd perfect game in MLB history on Wednesday against the Tampa Bay Rays. “The King” trails the F12 top spot by a mere 0.090 points.
(3) Clayton Kershaw moves up one position this week. The 2011 NL Cy Young Award winner is currently 11-6 with a 2.90 ERA and 1.01 WHIP.
(4) R.A. Dickey flutters down two spots this week following a sub par outing against the Cincinnati Reds. The knuckleball specialist currently holds a 15-4 record, 2.89 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, and an NL-best 175 strikeouts.
(5) Aroldis Chapman rounds out the Top 5 list with a 30.592 F12 Rating. The left-hander has stru...