Mixed-league roto owners, looking for a waiver-wire pitcher before Wednesday's full slate of games?
Here's my free-agent choice (citing most 12-team leagues) for one day of fantasy stardom:
Clayton Richard, Padres (@ Mets)
1. From a splits perspective last year, Richard posted two months of 20-plus strikeouts and two months of a sub-2.50 ERA.
2. Richard (14-14, 3.99 ERA last year) had a 7-3 record in his final 10 decisions, highlighted by a red-hot August: 5-1, 2.42 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 158 K-BB ratio.
3. In five career outings against the Mets, Richard has a 2-1 record with a 2.84 ERA and 6.5 K9 ratio.
4. For his 2012 debut, Richard didn't allow an earned run against the Dodgers over seven innings, surrendering only two hits. Digging a little deeper, Richard has a 2.70 ERA in his last three seasonal debuts (2010-12).
The Next Five For Wednesday
1. Alexi Ogando (Rangers) @ Astros Fantasy optimists shouldn't expect 8 23 innings of perfect ball, a la Yu Darvish f...