Mike Puma of the NY Post says that according to a team official, the Mets are “not happy” that Dickey used yesterday’s holiday party as a forum for an airing of grievances.
The Mets continue to explore trading Dickey, but haven’t made headway in convincing potential suitors such as the Rangers and Blue Jays to part with top prospects.
Also, a high-ranking club official brushed off a report indicating the Mets just increased their offer to $20 million on Monday night.
“Nothing has changed since last week,” the official said.
Dickey is seeking $26 million over two years, according to sources. In context, Jake Peavy recently received $29 million over two years, writes Puma.
The following is a video of Dickey who expressed his frustration with the situation to Kevin Burkhardt.