Ask 100 random people who Mike Trout is . Unless you’re at a sports bar or in Los Angeles, only 15 or so will know this guy is the best thing to happen to baseball since Ken Griffey Jr. debuted in 1989. If it wasn’t for a Triple Crown year from Miguel Cabrera, Trout would win the A.L. Rookie of the Year and MVP. But what do we really know about this guy?
Thanks to an Angels “Favorites Basket” auction, we know quite a bit.
The team is auctioning off these baskets packed with a player’s favorite everyday items and some autographed memorabilia to add value. Think of it as a chance for fans to connect with players and win a cool gift pack.
- Mike Trout game used autographed shoe
- Mike Trout autographed baseball
- Mike Trout autographed bat. EK 011502
- Benihana gift card
- Nike Power Distance golf balls – 12
- Jack Links “Sweet & hot” Beef Jerky
- Airheads candy
- The Jersey Shore Season 1 DVD
- Prison Break Season 4 DVD
- Philadelphia Eagles t-shirt
- Vlasic Kosher Dill Pickles
Let’s compare the Trout basket with the Albert Pujols basket belonging to the guy who was supposed to take the Angels to a World Series.
- Albert Pujols autographed jersey
- Albert Pujols autographed Wheaties box
- His & Her Bibles
- Courageous dvd
- Casting Crowns cd
- Sidewalk Prophets cd
- Israel Houghton cd
- $500 Rawlings Gear gift card
- Robert Graham shirt – Large
- 1 Million Cologne and Lotion
- Armani Exchange watch
- Titleist Golf Balls – 12
- Pujols #5 Angels Build A Bear teddy bear
- Two (2) Mens Marucci hats
One guy will make $228 million over the next nine seasons. The other guy could be worth $274 million. One guy is very corporate, already tied to companies he needs to promote. The other guy is still Jersey and eating cheap grocery store pickles.
Filed under: Baseball
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff