Final: Phillies 1, Braves 2.
WP: Mike Minor (6-7, 5.18 ERA)
LP: Joe Blanton (8-9, 4.59 ERA)
SV: Craig Kimbrel (30)
In order for a team to be a serious contender, both their offense and pitching have to click and perform efficiently at the right time. For obvious reasons, the 2012 Philadelphia Phillies have been unable to do just that. With tonight's loss, the team may feel out of the playoff race, and trades may subsequently follow.Attendance:
Starting Pitching Summary:
- Joe Blanton: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO, 0 HR, 4.59 ERA
- Mike Minor: 8.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 9 SO, 1 HR, 5.18 ERA
In the 'Pen:
- Antonio Bastardo (8th): 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 SO, 0 HR, 5.08 ERA
- Craig Kimbrel (9th): 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO, 0 HR, 1.35 ERA
- Bottom of the 1st (Phillies 0, Braves 1): Chipper Jones out on a sacrifice fly to center fielder Shane Victorino. Martin Prado scores.
- Bottom of the 3rd (Phillies 0, Braves 2): Jason Heyward singles on a ground ball to second baseman Chase Utley. Michael Bourn scores.
- Top of the 4th (Phillies 1, Braves 2): Chase Utley homers (5) on a fly ball to center field.
- Sunday, July 29, 2012; 1:35 pm EST
- Philadelphia Phillies (45-56) at Atlanta Braves (56-44)
- Roy Halladay (4-5, 4.32 ERA) vs. Tim Hudson (9-4, 3.71 ERA)
- TV: MyPHL17
- Radio: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP
Matt Rappa is a contributor for Buzz on Broad. You can find him on Twitter at @mattrappa.
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?