The newest additions to the Phillies after a few call-ups and trades are fitting in well with this team. In some ways, that is very good. In other ways, not so much.
Here are a few 2012 Phillies bad habits exhibited in last night’s game against the Nationals that they will need to get out of quickly:
- Kevin Fransden, a call-up, commited an error at 3rd base, becoming the 4th different Phillies player to do so at the hot corner this year. The 3rd base error total is now 13.
- Both Fransden and the newly acquired Nate Schierholtz left a runner stranded on 3rd base with less than 2 outs in the inning.
- Josh Lindblom, acquired from the Giants, gave up a hit to the 1st batter he faced.
- Domonic Brown, called-up from Triple-A, went 0-4 on the night.
But luckily, the bad habits did not break them. In fact, each new player had at least one very nice moment as well:
- Fransden recovered after his error and played good defense.
- Schierholtz went back-to-back with Jimmy Rollins for his fir...