Originally posted on Raise the Jolly Roger! | Last updated 4/3/12
Finally, we’re done with spring training games!
Some quick news and notes:
- The Pirates will hold a workout at PNC Park at 4 PM Wednesday, and it’s free and open to the public. Details are here.
- Daniel Moskos was optioned to AAA, meaning Tony Watson will be the lone lefty out of the pen to start the year.
- The Pirates still need to make a few more cuts, and must do so by 5 PM on Wednesday. I’ll post here at some point but check Twitter for the latest.
On the mound:
- James McDonald went 3 innings and allowed a run on two hits. He struck out three and walked none.
- Chris Leroux allowed 3 runs in an inning.
- Evan Meek and Jared Hughes pitched scoreless innings.
At the plate:
- Matt Hague picked up two more hits, finishing the spring with an even .400 average.
- Andrew McCutchen and Robbie Grossman doubled.
Box score link
Spring record: 9-20-2
Next: Opening Day!
©2012 Raise the Jolly Roger. All Rights Reserved..
MORE FROM YARDBARKER:
Is Madison Bumgarner a bully?
MORE FROM YARDBARKER
Delivered to your inbox
Follow us on Twitter
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff