So, its Friday, Kerry Wood tried to take out our best offensive player, bunting is cool again, Jeff Samardzija loves the camera, the squad is preparing to move on down the road to Ho-Ho-Kam, and Maholm was leveled by the flu in the desert. Interesting times at Cubs camp.
So, let’s get to some rambling and enjoyable conversations for a Friday.
• Jed said he is working hard to hammer out a long-term extension for Matt Garza. He cited the need to acquire and keep good pitching.
• So we all know this means Garza will most likely be traded.
• For those who have read this site for years, you know I have a tendency to develop man-crushes on players. The most notorious was Mark DeRosa. It has been awhile since I have had one, but I think Brett Jackson could be next in line.
• I love the guy’s attitude.
• Hey Kimmy DeJesus, how you doin?
• Wait, Heidi DeRosa … hot … Kim DeJesus … hot …
• Should I change my name to Brian DeMcCabe?
• Dale Sveum has managed to make bunting cool,