It is Friday, so it is time for me to get a little nutty, hopefully funny, and somewhat lovey … dovey.
Unfortunately, there is really nothing to talk about as it relates to the Cubs. It has been a very quiet offseason thus far with basically nothing happening.
So, I am really at a loss of what to write. Or, I guess just go on and throw it all out there, so let’s get at it.
• When Theo mentioned Francona as possible manager on Thursday, folks KFC and Popeye’s were screaming towards Wrigley for a promotional contract.
• Meanwhile, the suits at Budweiser just sat back and smiled.
• What? Too soon?
• Mike Maddux just makes too much sense to me. Theo claims he wants to keep Greg around, so hiring Mike would most likely do a lot to make that happen.
• Imagine Mike Maddux managing the Cubs to a World Series victory. Think about that.
• I would argue that Mike would be more beloved by the Cubs Faithful than Greg. It is hard to imagine another Maddux being more liked than Greg, but in the ...