Found October 29, 2012 on
Reading Between The Seams:
Although the 2012 World Series didn’t last all that long, it did have some memorable moments. I’ve narrowed down the 5 most memorable moments that jumped out to me, and this is what I came up with:
5. In game 2 of the series Gregor Blanco placed a perfect bunt down the third baseline that narrowly stayed fair and loaded the bases for the Giants with no outs. The next batter grounded into a double play, but the run was ultimately the difference in the game. The Giants won the game 2-0. That ball had eyes!
4. Prince Fielder definitely struggled in the World Series. But one of the biggest moments was in the first inning of game 3, in which the Tigers had runners on first and second with one out. The Tigers had an opportunity to really set a tone to this game. Fielder would eventually ground into a 4-6-3 double play and kill any momentum the Tigers could have gotten. This was an inning the Tigers could have really used to try to get back in the series.
3. Marco Scutaro had a series for the ages. Scutaro knocked in the go ahead run in the top of the 10th inning of game 4 that would eventually lead the Giants to be the 2012 World Champions.
2. Buster Posey hit a huge home run in game 4 the sailed just right of the foul pole that put the Giants up 3-2. The home run came off Max Scherzer in the 6th inning. The home run appeared to hit a fan right in the chops.
1. Pablo Sandoval had a historic game one for the Giants in game 1. He hit 3 home runs, two of those home runs came off of the Tigers’ ace Justin Verlander. Sandoval went 8-16 in the series and would go on to win the series’ MVP. Sandoval hit .364 in the postseason and belted 6 home runs. He had one of the best postseasons you could ask for.
The post Top 5 moments of the 2012 World Series appeared first on Reading Between The Seams.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The fine folks at Taco Bell pledged to serve up a free taco nationwide if any player successfully stole a base during the World Series. Luckily for America, San Francisco Giants outfielder Angel Pagan answered the call when he swiped one during the eighth inning of Game Two. Pagan made sure to claim his when he attended a Bay City area Taco Bell restaurant on Tuesday. What better...
Timothy Burke, the video and screen-grab genius over at Deadspin, somehow caught this gem of a screenshot. The image features CSN Bay Area interviewing Matt Cain following the San Francisco Giants World Series sweep, while Ryan Theriot is in the background using the urinal to relieve himself. Not much else needs to be said here.
Article found on: Cosby Sweaters
The Giants' championship formula is a familiar one, just with new faces two years later.
Stellar starting pitching was backed by a shut-down bullpen, a late-season surge and a manager making all the right moves.
San Francisco captured its second World Series title in three seasons with a stunning sweep of the Tigers, and only catcher Buster Posey was in the lineup for the Game...
Giants catcher Buster Posey had a two run home run down the left field line at Comerica Park during Game 4 of World Series. This lucky fan was right in the line of the hit and unfortunately for his face, misjudged the path of the ball. I’m sure next time this guy will remember to bring his glove.
The MVP - Most Valuable Panda - sat in the interview room and smiled.
A trophy, another World Series ring and the best nickname in baseball all were his.
Pablo Sandoval, the Kung Fu Panda, was voted World Series MVP following the San Francisco Giants' sweep of Detroit. He hit .500 with three home runs, a double and four RBIs in 16 Series at-bats.
''I was ready for...
It's over, and it's done. The 2012 MLB season is in the books, and the San Francisco Giants are World Champions.
-Giants 4, Tigers 3 (ten innings)
Well, where do we go from here? The offseason is now officially upon us, and before we go fully into offseason mode, we're going to reflect on the Giants World Series victory, with five observations from the series...
Thank God we didn't have to play the Giants. It would have taken them two games to sweep us in four. We wouldn't have gotten a hit - not one - and the Giants would still be batting in game two. The lead would be something like 104 to 0, and Nick Swisher would be pitching for us. Girardi would still be keeping A-Rod on the bench - resting him for the critical moment - and...
The San Francisco Giants won the World Series in impressive fashion by sweeping the Detroit Tigers. I would congratulate them except the Giants really annoy me. Why does everyone on the team need a gimmick or a “thing” or a marketing plan? It all started with Brian Wilson, who turned into a star after growing a ridiculously large beard. Than his injury replacement, Sergio...
NBC Sports Baseball Analyst Darryl Hamilton joins Fox Sports Tonight to recap the San Francisco Giants World Series victory.
It became official in the second game of the series: Angel Pagan stole a base, thereby requiring Taco Bell to make good on its promise to give everyone in America a taco, which was the basis for its “Steal a Base, Steal a Taco” campaign.
Today’s the day: if you would like to brave the madhouse for your $0.89 value, show up at a participating location between 2 p.m. and 6 p...
The Giants may have won the World Series last night, but this Tigers fan stunner took home Yump of the Game honors.
You may have recalled seeing her and thinking to yourself, “Yep, I would” or “Uh, yump”. You also may have thought she had hair similar to a lioness like some idiots I know. But, the bottom line is this lil yump has a cute as hell face and I would have loved...