Here's a running list of trade rumors around the Major Leagues:
– Even though they're still contenders, the Arizona Diamondbacks are willing to trade outfielder Justin Upton, but only if they're “dazzled” by an offer according to a source close to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports. Rosenthal adds that General Manager, Kevin Towers, “is willing to listen on virtually all of his players.” And that they could pull out a trade of pure Major Leaguers instead of prospects.
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports adds that the Pirates have had preliminary talks with the Diamondbacks regarding Upton. Although no deal is imminent, talent evaluators from the Diamondbacks have been scouting the Pirates' minor league teams.
– Carlos Quentin has been drawing trade interest, and the Pirates have had preliminary talks with the Padres regarding him according to Morosi. He adds that just like the Diamondbacks, the Padres have been scouting the Pirates' minor league teams. The Padres are looking for young players with substantial upside in exchange of Quentin.
– The Texas Rangers have expressed their preference for Cole Hamels over Zack Greinke even though they have been scouting Greinke lately reports Rosenthal. The Phillies though, are still trying to lock Hamels to a long-term deal. But even if the Phillies trade him this season, he would be open to re-sign with them once he hits free agency. “I can always leave and come back,” he said.
– The St. Louis Cardinals have expressed some interested in left handed pitcher Brian Fuentes who was designated for assignment by the A's last week according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports. He adds that the team is trying to trade the veteran lefty.
– According to a source close to Rosenthal, the Tigers are trying harder to upgrade their offense than adding a top starter, like Cubs' Matt Garza. Their priority would be to add a second baseman, and Rosenthal suggests Marco Scutaro, who the Rockies made available recently.
Image by SD Dirk under the Creative Commons License Agreement.