The Chicago White Sox took two out of three from the Seattle Mariners this weekend, winning yet another series but seeing their long winning streak snapped in extra innings. The club has now won 14 out of 16 games, sits 2.5 games up in the AL Central, and is one of only three teams in baseball with a run differential of +40 or better.
Last night, I talked with UGod from South Side Sox about the hot streak and how much it has reset his expectations for what the White Sox are capable of the rest of the way.
Among the other topics we covered:
- Chris Sale’s continued dominance, which is nearing unprecedented levels in recent White Sox history
- The chances of Sale and Paul Konerko starting the All Star Game
- The chances of Adam Dunn, Jake Peavy, A.J. Pierzynski, and Alejandro De Aza making the All Star team
- The bounce back of Gordon Beckham and what it means for the franchise
- Quick previews of the White Sox next two opponents, the Blue Jays and Astros.
Also, this week’s show features one of the most rambling, incoherent questions you’ll ever hear in a podcast. I appreciate Mark being patient with me and bailing me out with a good answer.
We did miss Kevin, who is in Omaha for various festivities. Looking forward to having him back on the show next week.
Click play on the player below to listen:
How to subscribe to and follow White Sox Off Day so you never miss an episode:
- Subscribe to White Sox Off Day on iTunes
- Join the White Sox Off Day email list and get an email whenever a new episode is posted.
- Follow @WhiteSoxOffDay on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
- Download this episode in mp3 format for later: Right-click this link, then hit “save link as”