White Sox Off Day is a new regular podcast I am hosting with KVB that will take place during every regularly schedule off day for the White Sox in 2012. For now, episodes will be hosted here at MSF, and you can follow us on Twitter (@WhiteSoxOffDay) for White Sox commentary, links, and in-game tweets.
In the first episode, Kevin and I interview Jim Margalus of South Side Sox to discuss the latest goings on at White Sox Spring Training and to look ahead to 2012.
Among the topics we discuss with Jim:
- What the departures of Mark Buehrle and Ozzie Guillen will mean for 2012 and beyond.
- What we have learned so far, if anything, about Robin Ventura’s managerial style.
- How fans should view Spring Training – what numbers should be judged? Which ones shouldn’t be?
- Chris Sale’s progress transitioning from the bullpen to a starter.
- John Danks’ under-appreciated career numbers and his potential to take “the next step” this year now that he has a new contract.
- What can Jake Peavy contribute this year? Is his future in the bullpen?
- What White Sox fans should expect from Alex Rios and Adam Dunn this season.
- Is Jim concerned with the slow springs of Alejandro de Aza and Dayan Viciedo?
- What’s next for Gordon Beckham?
And, of course, we discuss the latest edition of White Sox Outsider, which you can (and should) purchase right here. Be sure to use the discount code MARBOOKS12 to get 20% off your purchase.
Click play on the player below to listen:
How to subscribe to and follow White Sox Off Day so you never miss an episode:
- Subscribe to White Sox Off Day on iTunes (coming soon…)
- Join theWhite Sox Off Day email list and get an email whenever a new episode is posted. (coming soon…)
- Follow @WhiteSoxOffDay on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
- Download this episode in mp3 format for later: Right-click this link, then hit “save link as”