artwork via olieng
This coming Saturday night hometown hero Georges "Rush" St. Pierre will make his 4th headlining stint in Montreal. His wins over Matt Serra, Josh Koscheck, and Carlos Condit in front of a sold out Bell Centre crowd after Bell Centre crowd gave fans something to go home happy about each and every time. Stockton's Nick Diaz has been given the unique chance to make history and send Montreal home with a bad taste in their collective mouths as they head for the gates on this night.
Also, one man will emerge from two very important fights in the 170 pound division as the new #1 contender for the winner of St. Pierre vs. Diaz. Late replacement Nate Marquardt will fill in for injured Rory MacDonald to take on University of Nebraska-Omaha "Juggernaut" Jake Ellenberger. While the co-main event tilt between Johny "The Bearded Assassin" Hendricks and Carlos "NBK" Condit is being thought of as a title eliminator to some, should they fail to deliver, an impressive showing from either Marquardt or Ellenberger could make a case for the suits to flip the script.
Below you will find the complete, fully updated fight card for 'UFC 158: St. Pierre vs. Diaz' as we head into fight night. follwed by an extended video preview for the three main card welterweight battles.
UFC 158: St. Pierre vs. Diaz
March 16th, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Preliminary Card (Facebook)
• Bantamweight Bout: George Roop (12-9-1) vs. Reuben Duran (8-4-1)
• Bantamweight Bout: T.J. Dillashaw (6-1) vs. Issei Tamura (7-3)
• Welterweight Bout: Rick Story (14-6) vs. Quinn Mulhern (18-2)
Preliminary Card (FX)
• Lightweight Bout: Daron Cruickshank (12-2) vs. John Makdessi (10-2)
• Welterweight Bout: Dan Miller (14-6) vs. Jordan Mein (26-8)
• Featherweight Bout: Darren Elkins (15-2) vs. Antonio Carvalho (15-5)
• Welterweight Bout: Patrick Cote (18-8) vs. Bobby Voelker (24-8)
Main Card (PPV)
• Lightweight Bout: Mike Ricci (7-3) vs. Colin Fletcher (8-2)
• Middleweight Bout: Nick Ring (13-1) vs. Chris Camozzi (18-5)
• Welterweight Bout: Jake Ellenberger (28-6) vs. Nate Marquardt (32-11-2)
• Welterweight Bout: Carlos Condit (28-6) vs. Johny Hendricks (14-1)
• Welterweight Title Bout: Georges St. Pierre (C) (23-2) vs. Nick Diaz (26-8)