The San Antonio Spurs (24-8) will host the Brooklyn Nets (16-14) tonight at the AT&T Center for a New Years Eve clash for the Nets' only visit to the Alamo City.
The Spurs are coming off a 111-86 win over Dallas. Tony Parker led the team with 21 points and Manu Ginobili finished with 20 off the bench. San Antonio shot 50.6 percent. San Antonio also shot an impressive 87.5% from the free throw line (21-24).
The Nets are going through transition at head coach. The team recently fired former Spur Avery Johnson and former Spur assistant coach P.J. Carlesimo. The Nets haven't lost under Carlesimo and are coming off a 103-100 win over Cleveland. Brook Lopez had a season-high 35 points and 11 rebounds against the Cavaliers to lead Brooklyn.
And as these two teams get set to rumble before the new year here are five things to watch for during the game:
• The Spurs have outscored their last four opponents by an average of 22.2 points.
• The Nets' Brook Lopez is averaging 27.3 on 62.0% shooting over the last three games.
• The Nets have not won in San Antonio since 1/22/2002.
• The Nets are 9-1 when holding an opponent under 90 points this season and 3-0 when an opponent fails to hit 80.
• The Nets have not allowed an opponent to shoot over 50% from the field in the last 12 games.