The San Antonio Spurs (58-23) will close out their regular season with a home game versus the Minnesota Timberwolves (30-51) tonight at the AT&T Center and with the No. 2 seed in the West locked up, expect the Spurs' key players to get minimal time on the court.
The Spurs recently added former NBA player Tracy McGrady to the roster. With the team waiving forward Stephen Jackson and injuries to Boris Diaw, the Spurs needed a fresh body on a thin roster.
The good news is that Manu Ginobili will play tonight while Tiago Splitter and Tracy McGrady will be out of action tonight.
The Spurs lead the regular season series versus the Wolves 2-1. In the last meeting, the Spurs lost to the Wolves 107-83 in Minnesota. Ricky Rubio led the Timberwolves recording a triple-double, with 21 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists. However, San Antonio has not been kind to Minnesota as the Wolves have lost 16 games in a row in the Alamo City.
The Spurs are coming off a 106-116 loss to the Warriors in Oakland. Gary Neal led San Antonio with 25 points.
The Wolves are coming off a 86-96 loss to the Jazz in Minnesota. Minnesota was paced by Derrick Williams' 18 points.
And as the Spurs and Wolves close out their respective regular seasons, here are five things to watch for during tonight's game:
• In April, Spurs' Tim Duncan is averaging 19.7 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists and 2.67 blocks while shooting 48.5 percent from the field and 84.6 percent from the foul line.
• The Wolves are 1-19 when scoring less than 90 points.
• The Wolves are 2-38 when trailing after 3 quarters.
• The Wolves have increased their scoring to 100.6 ppg over the past 15 games.
• The Wolves are 18-7 this year when scoring 100-plus points.